Can I transfer the entries in my calendar using NFC and S Beam to another Galaxy III?
jcrumet

Can I transfer the entries in my calendar using NFC and S Beam to another Galaxy III or is there another way?

0 Likes
Re: Can I transfer the entries in my calendar using NFC and S Beam to another Galaxy III?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are the events saved to your Gmail account or just the phone?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Can I transfer the entries in my calendar using NFC and S Beam to another Galaxy III?
jcrumet
just the phone I think.  How do I know?
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Jcrumet!

Fantastic question! I know its important to have a device that can help make daily activities easy. Let's get this resolved. Yes, NFC through Android Beam lets you instantly share URLs, contacts and calendar events with other Android Beam-capable devices. Are you having issues completing a transfer? If so, what is the specific error message that you are receiving? Just to clarify, are you wanting another way to send a calendar entry to another galaxy 3 device outside of NFC/S Beam? Keep me posted.

Thanks,
Pamelaf_vzwsupport
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
jcrumet

Sorry, been out of town.  I just want an easy way to transfer calendar entries to my husband's Galaxy III from my Galaxy III.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Couldn't you add your husband's gmail address to the event on your phone so it is synced to his phone?

Or add your husband's Gmail account to your phone as a secondary account and sync only the calendar. Then when you create the event, use your husband's Gmail address as the calendar for it to save to.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jcrumet

I guess I need step by step directions.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there jcrumet, thanks for the reply.  Since you both have Galaxy S3's you will be able to utilize SBeam to share content.  SBeam is very easy to use.  You'll want to pull up the content you want to share, in your case calander entries, and touch phones.

Visit http://bit.ly/O08DTU for further instructions on how to use SBeam.

NickB_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jcrumet

Thanks.  I was so excited to transfer a picture!  But I cannot transfer my calendar.  Why?  The touch to beam screen doesn't come up when trying to transfer the calendar.

0 Likes