Can I pre-order the GS7 Edge using a different line's upgrade?
lkreykes
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello VZW Community, tomorrow morning I will be pre-ordering the Galaxy S7 Edge. My line doesn't have an upgrade available for it, but my mom's line does. I have been searching the web about this for a while and haven't found any solid answers. I know that to start off I will need to just fill out the entire preorder using my mom's line for the upgrade. My mom and I both have HTC One M8s right now, so my SIM will already fit the GS7E without me having to get a different SIM activated. My question is this- once the phone arrives, can I just put my SIM card in it and call it good, or does the phone need to be activated with my mom's SIM first, and then I can switch my SIM into it? If neither of those are valid, what is the process that I have to go through? Thanks!!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Preorder GS7 Edge using a different line's upgrade?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

lkreykes,

This is a great question and we definitely want to make sure you have the info you need. It would be best to first activate it on the line that is being upgraded. This will, from our end, complete the order. Once activation has completed you can then make any necessary changes with your lines.

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

lkreykes,

This is a great question and we definitely want to make sure you have the info you need. It would be best to first activate it on the line that is being upgraded. This will, from our end, complete the order. Once activation has completed you can then make any necessary changes with your lines.

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
lkreykes
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you for the fast response. So when I receive the GS7E I will put my mom's SIM in it (or activate the new SIM with her number as per the order's instructions), and then after all that is completed and is recognized with Verizon, I can then switch her SIM back into her M8 and I can put my SIM into the GS7E?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Yes

0 Likes
lkreykes
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you.

0 Likes