Can I get a new device if mine is cracked?
Mattydroidgalaxy
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just recently received my galaxy 7 edge but one day while it was in my pocket I accidentally bumped into something and now the back of my phone has a deep crack in it.  I do pay for the "total mobile protection " on my plan. What can I do about this?

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy 7 edge
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is most unfortunate. Thankfully you have device protection. You can file a claim by going to www.phoneclaim.com/verizon.
NoahS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh yikes, that's not something anyone wants to go through. What you can do is complete the process here http://bit.ly/1iJQKxK .

Mattydroidgalaxy
Enthusiast - Level 2

I gave it  shot and unfortunately the rejected me almost instantly even with the total protection... any other ideas?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mattydroidgalaxy,

Oh no, we are sorry to hear that you are having issues with processing your claim. With Total Mobile Protection, your phone is covered under physical damage. Were you given a reason to why it was rejected?

0 Likes
Mattydroidgalaxy
Enthusiast - Level 2

That's what I thought. That's why I purchased the total protection. They told me because it wasn't the screen and it still functions is why they rejected me.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's clear the air and get your phone replaced! There are two components to the Total Mobile Protection. There is a warranty component for when the phone isn't working but isn't damanged, and there is an insurance component for damage that does cover cracked screens. You can file a claim here for the cracked screen, and they can assist in replacing your device.  http://spr.ly/6588B9Vei

MichelleH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes