Can I add a Bluetooth icon to my home screen?
SevenRedP
Enthusiast - Level 2

On my old HTC phone I could add a Bluetooth icon to my home screen so I don't have to go into settings to turn it on and off. I can't seem to do it on my Galaxy S4. Is there a way to add just that icon? I can add the Settings icon, but I don't want that. Just the Bluetooth.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can I add a Bluetooth icon to my home screen?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Go to the Widgets drawer and choose the Settings widget.  Place the widget where you want it on your home screen.  When you let go of the widget, you'll be given a choice of settings to assign to the widget; choose Bluetooth.

If that's not gonna work for you, another option is to rearrange your icons in your notification shade, i.e., pull down the shade and press the Settings button in the upper right-hand corner.  Whatever icons are in the top row will be the ones you see when you pull down the notification shade; rearrange them so that Bluetooth is one of the top five.

There also are various toggle widgets available in the Play Store.

View solution in original post

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Go to the Widgets drawer and choose the Settings widget.  Place the widget where you want it on your home screen.  When you let go of the widget, you'll be given a choice of settings to assign to the widget; choose Bluetooth.

If that's not gonna work for you, another option is to rearrange your icons in your notification shade, i.e., pull down the shade and press the Settings button in the upper right-hand corner.  Whatever icons are in the top row will be the ones you see when you pull down the notification shade; rearrange them so that Bluetooth is one of the top five.

There also are various toggle widgets available in the Play Store.

SevenRedP
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had tried to add Settings from the apps, and it just put the Settings on the screen. I tried your suggestion about doing it from the Widgets, and it worked perfect. Dragged to the screen, selected Bluetooth, and it's there. Thanks for the assist.

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You're welcome.

0 Likes