Can I Get A New Battery For My Device?
Brownt94
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi,

When I got the phone about six months ago the battery was fine. But the last month or two the battery has been pathetic. For example, It is not even 12:00 PM (PST) yet and my battery is at 22%. My phone cannot last 5-6 hours with moderate use (I only browse on Chrome Beta typically).  I have tried uninstalling apps, power save mode, adjusting brightness, turning off wifi, bluetooth, etc. I know all the things that help managing battery life and it doesn't help very much. The only thing I haven't tried is a factory reset (which I want to avoid doing if possible). But I really think there is something wrong with the battery. I'm coming from the Galaxy S4, and I'm really missing the ability to swap out the battery.

Here is a screenshot of my battery usage:

Is it possible for me to get the battery replaced via Verizon or some other local store?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Terrible Galaxy S7 Battery Life
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I will answer directly.  The battery can not be changed at a Verizon Store.  One thing you may try is this.  Run the battery down until the device shuts down.  Charge to 100% and then run the battery down to shut down again.  Charge to 100% again.  This may reset your battery so that is lasts longer again.

NoahS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh my gosh! That's not the experience we want you to have. We want your battery to last you throughout the day. Has anything changed since this started, such as an OS update or new apps downloaded?

JosephT_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for all of the details, Brownt94. It's important to us that you get the best performance from your battery and I would be happy to help. Let's take a closer look at the device together for answers.

Does the phone have the newest software http://vz.to/1Ucv2iJ update applied? We can also begin the troubleshooting process running a diagnostic http://vz.to/1tuzrWq at your earliest convenience? Please reach back out to us at your earliest convenience and we will be ready to continue helping.

SteveR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
LanceAngel
Enthusiast - Level 2

Interesting that the two replies from customer support ignore the question asked.  If I may, let me repeat the question from the original post:

Is it possible for me to get the battery replaced via Verizon or some other local store?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I will answer directly.  The battery can not be changed at a Verizon Store.  One thing you may try is this.  Run the battery down until the device shuts down.  Charge to 100% and then run the battery down to shut down again.  Charge to 100% again.  This may reset your battery so that is lasts longer again.

NoahS_VZW

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

If all else fails, I. myself, would try a factory default. Is there much of a difference in battery life if you use the stock Samsung browser as opposed to Chrome?

My S4 still has the original battery. It drains a bit quicker now than before. I'm leery about spending the money to replace it knowing that Samsung won't update the S4's OS beyond Lollipop 5.0.1. I plan purchasing a new phone in 2017.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is there a reason why you use Chrome Beta as opposed to the stable Chrome browser? It also almost looks like you are on the device almost constantly if the screen usage is to be believed. Maybe you could put the phone down and not use it for a while?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes