Camera is slow. Image stabilization is off.
integr8shunR

Hi,

I came from an S3 which I liked a lot.  I could take a rapid and unlimited succession of photos on the S3 camera with fail or delay.  But my S5 cannot do that.  Sometimes, there are 4-5 seconds between the time I press the button to the time the photo is taken.  And as stated in the title, image stabilization is off.  I've even tried moving storage to device instead of memory card (SanDisk Ultra 64GB class 10) and that did not help.  This is very annoying because I miss a lot of shots.

Does your camera do this, fellow S5'ers?

I have to say, I'm over all not very happy with this phone.  It's very glitchy and does weird things.  I'll put it to sleep and wake it up to find an app open that I did not open.  Apps sometime stop automatically.  I expected a lot coming from the S3 and am disappointed.  Did I get a dud?  Everybody else seems to love theirs.

Thanks,

0 Likes
Re: Camera is slow. Image stabilization is off.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

intergr8shunR,

I am so sorry to hear that your Galaxy S5 is not providing you with the experience you expected. Thank you for all the troubleshooting you have done thus far. Have you always had issues with a delayed camera on the device? Have you tried placing the device in "Safe Mode" and testing to see if the issues persist? http://vz.to/1hQYxZ0

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Camera is slow. Image stabilization is off.
J_Polley

The delay you are seeing is from the auto-focus, it is frustrating i know. If you hit "mode" on the bottom of the screen and then "shot and more" you can do a burst photo. It's the best option i have for you. I think there are other camera apps out there that might perform more to what you're used to but i'm just learning this phone (and android for that matter). Hope this helps!

0 Likes