Calls straight to voicemail, no missed call notification
rnarvaez
Enthusiast - Level 1

Phone: Samsung S6

Problem: SOME forwarded calls go straight to voicemail with NO missed call notification.

Calls must be forwarded - turning OFF all forwarding is not the option nor should it be the only solution (this is the solution I have found on these community forum and need a better option)

Not all calls have been missed but 2 important work calls just today have been missed with my Voicemail icon popping up 10-15 minutes AFTER the VM was left.

Not getting the call notification and having a voicemail notification come in "late" can not be accepted.

How do I get the calls to come through without going STRAIGHT to voicemail or at least give a MISSED CALL NOTIFICATION?

4 out of 5 or 6 calls have done this in 2 days.

Samsung 6 is recently updated this month.

Do Not Disturb is disabled - I don't use it.

These callers are in my phone's contacts and NOT blocked.

Why am I missing these calls with no notifications?

Doubt this is a phone specific problem but thought I'd try posting here first.

Re: Calls straight to voicemail, no missed call notification
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

marvaez, we know how important it is to ensure that you’re receiving all of your notifications in a timely manner and we want to do everything we can to help. We appreciate all the details that you’ve provided thus far and there’s a few more items that we’d like to clarify. Can you tell us if you’re currently using call forwarding on your device? You can learn more about Call Forwarding at https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/how-to-use-call-forwarding/

When did this problem originally start? What zip code are you located in? Have you noticed that you’re in a particular location when you’re not getting these notifications? Do you know anyone else in the area that also uses Verizon and has a similar experience? Please walk us through the step-by-step process that you take to check your voicemail messages.

SamanthaT_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
ChrisHutt
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a Samsung S6 and had the EXACT same problem, turning off "HD voice and video calling" solved the problem for me.

Go to settings> advanced calling

Verizon, your customer support is less than adequate.

HHNYLAND
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wow! Thanks so much. That solved it for me as well!

Verizon - PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR CUSTOMERS!