Calls going directly to voicemail
kdb29127sc

The problem occurred yesterday and it had been over a month since it occurred. I also have the Verizon message plus app on my iPad and it did not ring too. Could this be causing the issue. Of course rebooting the phone fixes the problem every time. Also I have a galaxy S7 in addition to my s9 and it experiences this same issue  about as often as my S9 no more than once a month.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Calls going directly to voicemail
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate the details. To clarify, when you say reset, do you mean a sift reset on your phone? CourtneyM_VZW

0 Likes
kdb29127sc

No just powering the phone down and turning it immediately back on 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kdb29127sc

Thank you for those details so resetting the phone did resolve your issue? Do you notice the issue more from a specific person/contact or is it random? 

EdwardL_VZW

0 Likes
kdb29127sc

No all calls go to voicemail until I restart the phone then everything works perfectly. This only happens once every month or two. I have a strong Verizon signal with do not disturb never turned on.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is concerning to hear, is your device up to date? What trouble shooting steps have you taken so far? GenevieveB_VZW

0 Likes
kdb29127sc

It is up to date but this problem only happens once every 6 weeks or so which makes it hard to know if it get fixed because it happens so seldom. I have talked to others with the same problem.

0 Likes
kdb29127sc

So far is not happened again since I uninstalled message plus app by Verizon on my iPad. The iPad is a WiFi only iPad but I had it set so I could get calls on it with my phone number. I have a very strong signal and do not have do not disurb turned on. The phone has been perfect the last 4 weeks since I uninstalled message plus app by Verizon on my iPad. My iPad is the latest iPad 7 fully updated like my phone.Could this have caused the issue. The iPad was powered on when I was having this problem.

0 Likes
Tizz
Enthusiast - Level 1

To your knowledge it has! lol. Apparently this has been going on with me for weeks, but since people don't leave voicemails anymore I never would have known. Someone mentioned it in passing and I started asking around and others are having the same issue. I've gone through all the troubleshooting. And the dumb random ones too like clearing out voicemails & announcing all callers. I'm tired of wasting time on hold and having to reset everything on my end only to be called back supposedly & being sent straight to voicemail. You would think the agent would have left a voicemail to let me know that they called... I'm over it. It's just rather unfortunate that my office phone is forwarded to my cell during these times. And No, it's not the first time my phone has been forwarded to my cell. I've never had issues in the past...or with my previous carrier. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tizz, we understand how you feel and want to make sure that we can get this all settled as soon as possible. So we can help work on the calls going directly to voicemail, please send us a Private Note. JoseL_VZW

0 Likes