Re: Calls breaking up
claudiaray1
Enthusiast - Level 2

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

claudiaray1, keeping you connected with reliable service is a priority. We do not show any alerts in the area, so we would like to gather more information. Does the problem happen indoors or outdoors? How far do you have to travel away from the area for a better experience? 

DavidC_VZW

0 Likes
Dlwarren54

0 Likes
mal_wilson
Enthusiast - Level 1

Getting the same issue this week, ive had the same phone for 4 years now and i get 5 bars of service in my house, and calls just drop 1-30 seconds after calling.
this happens indoors and outdoors and is irespective to location  or signal.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mal_wilson, it sounds like you have had a great deal of trouble with your calls and we definitely want to look into this. As you mentioned that this happens indoors, outdoors and no matter where you are, it sounds like this would be more specific to the phone than the network, unless this is happening to everyone in the area. When did this first begin happening? Do you recall adding any new apps, games or software around that time? Which make and model phone do you have? LorenB_VZW If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!! 

0 Likes
wdpride
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had problems with calls breaking up with my Galaxy S7. I could hear but people couldn't hear me. I recently upgraded to the S10. Same problem. It will happen on speaker and off. Sometimes the calls are perfect, others so bad that I switch to a landline. I live in 23234. Please help. I feel like I wasted my money on a new phone.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

wdpride, making sure all of your phone calls are crystal clear is important. Allow us the opportunity to further investigate. Can you please clarify if your audio concern happens primarily when you are indoors? Does the same issue occur if you connect to a Bluetooth or use headphones? How are your text messages and data services?

SylviaT_VZW

0 Likes
blondeandsandy
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just purchased this phone six weeks ago. At first it worked perfectly but as soon as I had to do a system update, my calls started breaking up and dropping. The speaker does not work consistently either.

I took it to Verizon and it appeared to be fixed at first but then the speaker problem came back.

Several days ago I had to do another system update and now the conversations are breaking up again. 

Verizon has not been a big help. So as it stands now,  my phone isn't working, little to no help, but bill is due.

I'm furious. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having a good working phone is essential and we want you to enjoy your phone. We understand the importance of having a good working phone. We want to learn more about what’s happening. Is this happening in a specific location? Does the phone have any water/physical damage? Do you experience the same problem when using the speaker only? Share details.

EvelynR_Vzw

0 Likes
00samm
Enthusiast - Level 2

I started having problems with calls breaking up a few months ago. They break up so badly that I can't understand a thing that is said. People in the other end also say they hear a bad echo. It doesn't matter if I call them or if they call me, but if they leave a voicemail it always sounds fine. It happens everywhere on every single call -- inside, outside, all times of day, any kind of weather, at home, at work, out of state, etc.

My husband and I purchased identical phones at the same time (Galaxy S8) and his phone has no issues with calls whatsoever. 

We went to the closest Verizon store to try and get help and the employee there just said I needed to buy a new phone because the issues are caused by compatibility issues with 5G. However, if this were the case wouldn't my husband's identical phone have the same compatibility issues? 

I don't make calls often, but they're have been a few times that I really needed to and wasn't able to use my phone. Thankfully when there was an emergency my husband was home and I was able to use his phone. 

Our zip code is 53538.