Calls breaking up
markdvine
Enthusiast - Level 1

Starting this weekend, my wifes phone started acting up during calls.  She would be having a noral conversation and all of a sudden she hardly make out what the the person she was talking to was saying.  It was like every other word or worse.  The other person would indicate that they could hear her fine.  At first I thought it might be her phone but suddenly it started doing the same thing on my phone yesterday.  I was on an important conference call and actually had to jump in my truck and drive to an open field a couple of blocks away where the problem stopped.  We have lived in the same house for over six years and never had this problem.

I need reliable service for the work I do (mostly conference calls with other countries) ... and that's not the problem because it happened when I was talking to a friend 2 miles away.

NEED HELP

Labels (1)
Re: Calls breaking up
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh no! It's essential that you get the service that you need. I'm sorry to hear that this hasn't been the case recently. Let's see what's going on. What happens with your texts and when you browse online?

What zip code are you having problems in, and what are the closest street intersections to that location?

JoelR_VZW

0 Likes
kerubina

My husband and I are  having the same connection issues with calls breaking up or being lost, we recently moved up to unlimited data and either constatly have no internet service or only 3G service.  As far as texts go that's the worst because many times when we recieve a text, our phones do not alert us until we actually go into the messaging app and then it shows that we have a new message, sometimes it's from hours ago.  We recenlty go a kids plan for my 12 year old daughter so it is vital for us to have an up to the moment connection with her.  Not happy with that at all and seriously considfering changing becuase this has been goin on for a couple of weeks now.  We are in the 79936 zip code.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kerubina, ensuring you have reliable service at all times is certainly important as I also rely on my device to work whenever I need it the most. We would be saddened to see you leave the Verizon family and would like to help turn this around. I am happy to help. Thank you for providing your Zip code. I thoroughly reviewed the 79936 area and found no service issues to report at this time. Is the issue you’re experiencing happening indoors/outdoors or both? Are others experiencing the same issue? If the issue is happening outdoors as well, how far from the affected area do you need to travel in order for your service to improve?

KevinM_VZW

0 Likes
KDSWC
Enthusiast - Level 1

My calls have begun breaking up over the last few weeks, with several people telling me that they couldn't hear me, or that I was fading in and out.  I live in zip code 20815 on Brooklawn Terrace between Woodbine St and Pauline Dr. I have a Samsung Galaxy S6, and have had no problems with it until this.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KDSWC-

That is never the experience we want you to have. I want to help get this resolved for you. There are no alerts in your area at this time. How does messaging and data work? Does it happen indoors/outdoors?

CarmenT_VZW

0 Likes
Litlsecret
Enthusiast - Level 1

My phone is so bad that no one can understand me. No one will talk to me anymore because it's so bad. I paid for a signal booster from Verizon, and still my phone is useless. I need to make calls! This is horrifying and I still don't have any answers.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your signal and phone calls are bad at this time Litlsecret. We do our best to provide the best connection for our customers and want to provide you with the right information for how your area is covered. Have we completed troubleshooting for your device? Have we filed a trouble-ticket for your area? If so, what was the result of that investigation? If an investigation hasn't been completed, we can start by reviewing the coverage to let you know if you're in a problem area. 

We look forward to hearing from you so that we can provide you with the information you need to decide the next best steps for your service with us. 

KinquanaH_VZW

0 Likes
claudiaray1
Enthusiast - Level 2

My cell phone calls keep breaking up. Doesn't happen with every call but more times than not!

claudiaray1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Texts are fine, thank God, but sometimes I'm not notified when one comes in. 

• Closest intersection is Wilson Drive and Schoolhouse Lane in Woodcrest in Dover, DE
0 Likes