Call immediately cancels
KatAlexis87
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have attempted calling someone in my contact list and the phone call immediately hangs up, doesn't ring or anything. I also attempted to text them as well but the text says failed. Does this mean this person has blocked me?

Labels (1)
Re: Call immediately cancels
Kirbyk10
Enthusiast - Level 1

Having same issue and I’m not blocked.  Person can call me and text me.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KatAlexis87, we know the importance of making sure that your calls are processing successfully. It's challenging to address the issue you're experiencing since it is only happening with one contact. There could be multiple reasons that this issue is occurring with your contact. Blocked numbers also behave differently from different carriers so we would not be able to confirm if the dead air that you're experiencing when calling means that you have been blocked. Our recommendation would be to work back the individual contact to further inquire. Please be sure to let us know if this begins to occur with more than one contact/call.    TanishaS_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kirbyk10, we never want you having trouble getting in touch with loved ones. So you know a person can make outbound communication with you if they have you blocked, but you can not have inbound communication with them. Therefore, we recommend that you have your person review your contact information in their phone to determine if they have your contact on their block list.

TrinetteW_VZW

0 Likes
JewishLivesMATTER
Enthusiast - Level 1

All my calls immediately cancel after dialing. I even tried #611.  I restarted phone and it fixed it

bgood2go
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having this issue as well,,,just started  out of the blue....it is doing it on all numbers, my iwfes, sons etc...blocked number is not the issue here...Does anyone have a solution for this? This is clearly an OS bug Verizon...please help...thanks

Brian

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to stay connected is a top priority, especially with those that matter most, bgood2go! I'd like to learn more in order to better assist and help get those calls going through ASAP. Have there been any recent updates to the device? Are you able to received calls? Any issues with texts to the contacts? Looking forward to hearing back and finding a lasting resolution. -Chris

0 Likes
ryno23

Having the same issue now as well. All calls are being immediately cancelled regardless of contact. Restarting the phone is not fixing this issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm eager to get this resolved. When did this start happening? Does it happen randomly, or with every call? -Vanessa

0 Likes
bgood2go
Enthusiast - Level 2

erhxrjdtjk

0 Likes