Call Waiting Feature???!!!
Fancy90

I previously had the samsung galaxy s4 with tmobile now I have the samsung galaxy s5 with verizon, and I don't see much of an upgrade. A major issue I'm having is that when I'm on a phone call and someone else calls me, I can't pick and choose which line I want to disconnect from. If I hang up, both lines shut off. Is this a Verizon thing? Because it's really annoying. I get a lot of phone calls, and I use 3way Features very often; so this is a major issue. Can this be fixed?

0 Likes
Re: Call Waiting Feature???!!!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Fancy90,

Sorry to see the trouble you've had with call waiting. You should see the "swap" option right above the 'End call' option instead of actually ending the calls. If you choose  Swap the inactive line disconnects and the active call won't be interrupted. You can see how to use this and other features of the phone with our Simulator here: http://vz.to/1rVI1vS .

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Fancy90

Even if you swap the call and the person disconnects the line it shows on

the screen that they are on hold.

On Dec 4, 2014 9:24 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize for any inconvenience as this is a function of the feature on our network. The Call Waiting feature will end both calls when you press end. You can actively swap between the conversations however the other parties must end on their own to drop off the line. If one of the other parties hangs up, the device will show a hold however they are no longer connected.

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
kdm3170
Enthusiast - Level 3

stay on the line till it disconnects, it should automatically switch back over when they hang up

0 Likes
Yaya50

I too have this same problem that I didn't have with my previous Samsung and it's very annoying.  If I end a call it shouldn't end both calls and if I swap then the 2nd call shouldn't remain on hold if my intention is to end the call.  How is this phone an upgrade when you can't end the 2nd call????

0 Likes