Re: Call Filter app "not compatible" with Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
humbb

I too have the older GS7 with the "Caller Name ID" app in the Verizon folder. It is now June and I still have not received the system update to the Call Filter app as was promised by Call Filter support (responding to my emails ovrr the last few months).  Can this please be expedited? I have already provided my 15-digit IMEI number to support and followed up with emails several times. Thank you.

0 Likes
JHVzn
Enthusiast - Level 1

I spoke with Verizon first level tech support this morning. The guy told me it was a known issue and  "you should just upgrade that phone."

I believe Congress passed a law about robocalls and the FCC has issue rules about how the carriers are to handle it.

Telling me to buy a new phone is not included in that.

I hung up.  Typical Verizon response.... It's not our fault, it s the customers fault. 

mryan301

My issue was that the release specs for the call filter app stated that my phone Galaxy S7 was supported, yet the call filter app wasnt available for it. Nobody at tech support could figure it out and they left me with "maybe a future update will fix it".  

Well despite being their best guess and not an actual resolution, they were right.

Eventually (August 2019), as a result of a pushed out system update, the call filter app appeared and now its working. It catches about 30% of the spam calls. Better than nothing.

Just wish tech support was better informed and that it didnt take 5 months to resolve.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JHVzn, this is never the level of customer service we wish to provide you with and it's our responsibility to help correct this Call Filter issue for you. The Samsung Galaxy S7 does now support our Verizon Call Filter app. 

Please reference the link attached to ensure your phone has the latest software update System Update 31: R16NW.G935VVRUACSH1

http://spr.ly/66021MMMO

Please respond back with the software version you have and if any software update was needed. Thank you.

AlanS_VZW

0 Likes
punisher11b

Same problem s7 but can't get the app. Its only been over 6 months, should work any time now. /s

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry to hear that you are having an issue with compatibility. Please visit the following link and go to line 5 for the list of devices that are not eligible:https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/call-filter-faqs/. Can you confirm if your device is on that list? -BrittanyC_VZW

0 Likes
Piderman25

I have a Samsung gs7 it is on compatible device listing but says device is not comparable. I don't think Verizon was prepared to get this rolling out or are telling people to by the working version for profit reason. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Piderman25,

We always want to provide accurate information. We want to help fix this. What is the current software version on the device https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/samsung-galaxy-s7-update/ ?  

Thanks,

PamelaF_VZW

0 Likes
skater777

I had the same issue, but the problem was that the app was already on my phone, but disabled.  Go to your settings and select "Apps."  Scroll to see if Call Filter is there but disabled. Just enable it and you're good to go.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes