Re: Call Filter Free not working
Jphart03

Then why did Dolores say that Verizon would share the solution and then not share it?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We apologize for the confusion, Jphart03. It looks like the steps provided earlier in this thread did not help to resolve the issue mentioned in the initial post. We're here to help ensure you can use Call Filter as intended. To ensure I have all the details, what is the make and model of your phone? What specific issues are you experiencing with Call Filter? Are you using the free or premium version?

ChakiaH_VZW

0 Likes
andrew4health

My call filter free is not populating the caller ID for my phone correctly. It's showing another name of the prior owner. The phone number was imported from landline carrier Century Link many years ago.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It’s important that those you call know it’s you calling, and not the former owner of the number, andrew4health. We are here to help you fix this. The service you need to set up is called Share Name ID http://spr.ly/6608Gupun. There is no cost for this service. Does this information help solve this issue?

GeorgeS_VZW

0 Likes
thelegendxxx

I've called spent hours upon hours on hold for nothing

0 Likes
alphatennis
Enthusiast - Level 2

The Call Filter App is useless.  

1) I had this on my Galaxy for months and it might block 1/100 spam calls.

2) It drains my battery big time.

3) It uses a lot of RAM in the background.

*I am very disappointed in Verizon and will switch to another carrier in the future.  This is because:

1) They released an app that does not work!

2) They made the Samsung Stock call block inoperable (there is a toggle switch in the stock phone app to toggle "Block all Unknown Numbers").  

3) They also blocked the ability to download a Samsung App called Smart Call which blocks spam. But Verizon customers cannot download this app on their Galaxy phones as Verizon wants to make money on their own app (Call Filter) which doesn't work.  Another example is Samsung free Cloud Storage which again cannot be downloaded to Verizon Galaxies as Verizon wants to make money off their own paid cloud storage.

What is the use of pushing out the Call Filter App that does not work, drains your battery, and slows your phone? My guess is that the pressure from the FTC's mandate for carriers to offer an app such as this made Verizon put out a faulty app quickly to show face. 

I am not sure if Verizon also sells VOIP numbers to spammers so they turn a blind eye to such callers by putting out a useless app.

A solution I did find is a free app called, Stop Call Me. Download from the Play Store and configure to block all calls not in your contact list and it will do this.  You can set it up for a silent ringer so the spammer gets frustrated and hangs up after several rings waiting for the someone to pick up or go to voicemail.  I get about 5-7 spam calls per day and all are blocked and rarely will a spammer leave a message.  Configure so that it does not show notifications or pop ups.  Works great, does not use RAM, drain battery, or slow your phone down.  You don't have to use the app as their Phone App and use your own stock phone app for out going and incoming calls.  See settings. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

alphatennis, sorry you are not happy with the free app. There is another option available. This is an ongoing issue that all carriers are trying to work through.

0 Likes
alphatennis
Enthusiast - Level 2

What is the other option you are referring to?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

What is the make and model of your device, alphatennis. We have checked and we do see the option to block unknown callers in the Phone app. 

PedroM_VZW

0 Likes
alphatennis
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.

Yes, but when I toggle the to the on position, the phone app still allows unknown callers to call and thus does not work.  Unknown callers get through and my phone rings.  

As stated above, Call Filter is useless.  I followed all the instructions and a) it does not work b) it drains my battery and c) it uses a lot of RAM which slows my phone. 

The only solution I have found is a third party app called, Stop Call Me. All unknown #s are blocked, it does not drain my battery or slow my phone down. The only issue is that when spam is blocked, spammers can leave voicemails, which is rarely the case.

Thus, there has been no solution offered by you.  Call Filter is useless.

0 Likes