Re: CRACKED SCREEN NOT MY FAULT
Lifeonerth
Enthusiast - Level 2

Seriously?

0 Likes
Diana20344
Enthusiast - Level 3

I don't lie...so all is good. Happy with my purchase, now that I have the tablet. . I wd advise people to buy their phones through walmart if possible.  Save money, Live Better..

0 Likes
Lifeonerth
Enthusiast - Level 2

The difference here is that in the incident you describe, Apple is the device *manufacturer*, while in the case of the OP Verizon is merely the carrier.  Verizon does not manufacture cell phones and cannot reasonably be held to the same standards as a manufacturer.  If your car broke down, you would not expect your auto insurance agent to get under the hood and fix it himself, nor would you want that.  It's not a perfect comparison, but I hope you get the gist.

Verizon is just a cellular carrier.  They sell devices made by other companies as a service to customers and to facilitate sales.  It is a nice service that they perform, doing the go-between work for us and making it easier for us to get set up with cellular service on a range of devices.  They deserve to make a profit from their work.  Nobody works for free; that is called slavery.  In a court of law, the responsibility in this case would lie 100% with you since you had the phone and used it a while and then later saw a crack. 

Inspect your new devices thoroughly for defects immediately when you first open the package and document any you find with photo or video. You cannot reasonably expect a company to give every customer who breaks their phone a free pass; they would go out of business and a lot of good people would be out of a job.  Things happen in life.  Either you were careless when opening your new phone not to notice the crack or you did something inadvertently to break it.  This doesn't make you a bad person, but either way this is your responsibility.  No one likes to hear this but step up and be the bigger person and accept it.  We cannot have rights if we are not willing to take responsibility.

0 Likes
Diana20344
Enthusiast - Level 3

Blahhh Blahhh. I've heard it all before. Glad you just had to waste your time  to input  your 2 sence in too. I don't think I asked a question. I stated a fact. I would have paid it if they charged me. I told them it was cracked. But they didn't. No need to waste your time anymore. I'm done on here. Oh, and by the way, you can change your mind more than 2 times with them. Just pay a restocking fee. Another good reason to shop there!

0 Likes
Lifeonerth
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm sorry you feel that way, I meant no offense.  Actually, I tried to edit my posts because I was trying to reply to specific people who posted on the thread and specific entries as well as to you but they did not show up in the order intended, so it looks like I was replying to a different post and confuses my intention for some of what I said.  This is my first time posting on this forum and I cannot see a way to edit posts.  I also didn't notice how old the thread was, that's on me- I just woke up from a nap and am ill so I am a bit befuddled.  My apologies.

0 Likes
Diana20344
Enthusiast - Level 3

Accepted. I just get defensive cause I stand for what I believe in and I've heard enough opinions..good luck posting..

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Lifeonerth wrote:

This is my first time posting on this forum and I cannot see a way to edit posts.

There's a five-minute window after a post is left during which edits can be made.

0 Likes