Re: CRACKED SCREEN NOT MY FAULT
Tidbits
Legend

For $100 cheaper all I could find was the S6 Edge and the S7 on Walmart website.

0 Likes
Diana20344
Enthusiast - Level 3

Do you speak English? Ito really hard to understand what your saying....

0 Likes
Diana20344
Enthusiast - Level 3

Walmart verizon sells the s7 for 592.00 and their s7 edges for 692.00

0 Likes
Diana20344
Enthusiast - Level 3

I paid no activation fee either. All I paid were sales taxes of 48.00

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Ok so you say they are calling you a liar and you can't prove either way. You want them to take blame instead of you and compensate you. You are doing the exact same thing you claim they are doing.

When I check Walmart I did the see where the S7 Edge was $100 cheaper and priced the same as the S7 and S6 Edge +.

Verizon is meeting you 1/2 when you consider the other carriers make you buy outright if you don't have insurance and they don't meet you with a $299.99 offer. Check out their customer forums and do a simple search.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Link please. I want to see the offer as that's cheaper than what they have listed for the S6 devices

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

You were putting a case on and off, and you didn't see a crack on a brand new phone and the store found it right away?  I find that a bit difficult to believe you would have missed a crack on brand new phone for 2 weeks. 

Regardless, you didn't take it back right away, it was in your possession for 2 weeks and somehow you can't see that is your responsibility? 

I believe you that you did not drop the phone, but it did get damaged in you ownership and possession.  Be happy with the 299 offer, that is already more than halfway.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Clearly you are set on believing that a carrier should be somewhat responsible for damage on a phone in your possession if they can't prove how you damaged the phone (in your possession) because...I'm honestly not really sure why you think this. Perhaps you didn't drop it. But...since for whatever reason you didn't see the damage on your new device when you received it or on some of the times you were taking a case on and off of it then it's only logical to assume that the damage occurred during your ownership. Unless you allowed someone else to handle your device it's hard for you to place the blame anywhere else. Clearly you don't accept that but as much as you disagree the fact is that you will not get any half responsibility from any carrier in this world in this situation.

As far as Wal-Mart being able to sell devices cheaper...no surprise there. They are Wal-Mart and being the global powerhouse that they are they are able to negotiate better deals. They don't get their inventory from Verizon or any of the other carriers that they sell for. They get rights to use the carriers signage and make a percentage from the carriers to sell their services but the devices come from the manufacturers so they negotiate their prices with them directly. It's not about ripping customers off...it's about their distribution mark size (they have far more stores to sell product in than the carriers have stores of their own).

I'm curious...when you return this phone what is your plan? Will you switch providers and buy the same phone just in the color that you want? Because you mentioned how if the phone was so fragile Verizon should be responsible for it...just seems like you would want to stay far away from it moving forward if you truly think this. I'm also curious as to why you don't seem to want to put any responsibility on the manufacturer. If the device had a defect then it would be an issue with them. I highly doubt Walmart opened the package to show a customer when they usually have demo devices available.

Diana20344
Enthusiast - Level 3

I understand...

0 Likes
Diana20344
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well, here is a an update for all of you. Apparently walmart Verizon return depart is different than yours. I never got charged for my phone. And I got it again because I purchased a tablet for service at my cabin. Guess what I paid for it? 542.p0 from Walmart. Veriz

0 Likes