Bug Report
Survivedis

Bug Report: latest software update to the S7 Edge introduced a bug on the lock screen that makes the phone near-unresponsive when playing music from Pandora, Spotify or Amazon Music.  The problem only occurs when the app is running and the phone is locked with the widget on the lock screen.  Trying to play/pause or unlock the screen now takes 5-10 seconds each time.  Once the phone is unlocked, performance returns to normal.   I thought the apps might need to be updated, but this did not help. I never experienced this issue prior to the last software update from Verizon / Samsung: G935VVRU2APD2 on May 12th, 2016.

Please Verizon, fix the bug that was created!  Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Bug Report
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Survivedis,

Thanks for clarifying that for us. If this is something that arose immediately after the update, then it may be best to allow the update to reinstall. To do so we would reset the device to factory settings. However, before doing so we would want to ensure that you are able to save all your personal data from your phone. You can do so using Verizon Cloud. See how here http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-78396/. When ready you can see how to reset your device by visiting http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-203264/.

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

what takes 5 seconds, waiting for fingerprint, pin, swype??

0 Likes
Survivedis

All of the options. The whole lock screen acts like it's in slow motion.

Even pausing the audio on the widget takes five or more seconds to actually

action.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Survivedis,

Your phone security is important. Let’s look at some options. Can you unlock the phone at all? Did you install anything new or change anything besides the software?

JenelleR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Survivedis

Yes, I can unlock the phone. And no software changes on the phone with the

exception of the update.

On May 26, 2016 10:58 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for clarifying this information. How much storage do you have remaining on your device?

DeannaL_VZW

0 Likes
Survivedis

Over 10 gigabytes. It is not a storage issue.

On May 29, 2016 1:11 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for providing this information. We inquired about storage as issues can arise in the device if most of the memory is in use. Issues that occur with memory is slow downs or potential freezing of the device. I would like to try further troubleshooting with you as it does seem that this might have something to do with the streaming of the music applications. Does this occur with music that is downloaded natively to the device or on an SD Card and is playing in the background?

HarleyE_VZW

0 Likes
Survivedis

This applies to music that I am streaming, not music from the local device

or SD card. The following apps have the same issue: Pandora, Spotify and

Amazon Music.

On Tue, May 31, 2016 at 1:32 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Survivedis,

Thanks for clarifying that for us. If this is something that arose immediately after the update, then it may be best to allow the update to reinstall. To do so we would reset the device to factory settings. However, before doing so we would want to ensure that you are able to save all your personal data from your phone. You can do so using Verizon Cloud. See how here http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-78396/. When ready you can see how to reset your device by visiting http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-203264/.

AdamG_VZW

0 Likes