Bug: Notifications and alarms randomly go silent after Nougat update
Lymnos

I have had this problem since upgrading my Galaxy S7 to Nougat, but I am just getting around to posting here because I can't find any helpful information elsewhere.

I acknowledge that I could be missing something, but I have spent a lot of time trying to solve this problem with no success. Ever since I upgrade to Nougat I find that the volume for my notifications and alarms will go silent, even when the volume sliders show that they are on. Just now I got several notificaitons. My phone did vibrate for each of them, but they should also play a sound for each one and it did NOT. I looked at the volume settiings, and all volume sliders were at 50%, except for System, which is at 100%. "Do Not Disturb" is OFF. Typically, restarting the phone will fix this problem, but just now it did not. Some notifications came in that should have triggered a sound, but no sound was played - it did vibrate though.

This also happens to my alarms, which really sucks when it comes to waking up. I have overslept a few times because the alarm volume went silent. I even tried a different alarm app, but it still happens.

Is this a known issue from the Nougat update?

0 Likes
Re: Bug: Notifications and alarms randomly go silent after Nougat update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lymnos, we certainly want you waking up on time with your alarm. I always rely on my phone too. Is the volume going down within any applications as well or just your notifications? Is there any damage to the phone at all? Are any others experiencing the same issue as well?

ShirazP_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes