Broken updates and poor fixes
dlmckenz

Disclaimer: I purchased my S5 through the Device Payment Program.They split the device cost over a year and I make monthly payments on top of my bill. This program lets me buy new phones but keep my unlimited data package.

My Galaxy S5 updated recently like so many others have. Of course mine is also having severe problems. I am unable to make or take calls at all, my data connection will drop in and out, my phone restarts every few minutes on its own, and the battery life is now somewhere around an hour on a full charge (on top of running extremely hot even while not being used). I went into a Verizon store to figure out why my phone is basically a brick that I can text occasionally on. They replaced the SIM to see if that would relieve any issues. It solved nothing, so they had me perform a factory reset. I backed up all my data and did just that. No fix there either. So, they determined I needed a new device. Now, if you recall in my disclaimer, I use the DPP to purchase NEW devices. I received my replacement device today to find out that it is a "like-new certified device." I have had my phone for less than two months which should still place it under manufacturer's warranty and I also have insurance on my device. So, now I am paying monthly payments for a refurbished device. I am EXTREMELY unsatisfied with this. Beware Verizon customers, that it appears they will save their money by sending you a device that was previously broken but now "LIKE-NEW" as opposed to sending a brand new device.

0 Likes
Re: Broken updates and poor fixes
stef7
Master - Level 2

I think if you read the fine print of the OEM, they are also under no obligation to provide you a new device.I know that doesn't mitigate your disappointment.

Does the replacement work properly?

0 Likes
Re: Broken updates and poor fixes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Warranty replacement devices are always certified used devices no matter how you purchased the devices.

FYI, the Device Payment Plan is no longer offered as of July 17, 2014. You will finish out your current payment plan, but you won't be able to purchase another device in the same manner.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes