Bought two Samsung S8+ on October 17th and one now has a screen issue
MARK29DECOY
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi everyone and thank you in advance, for your time and replies. Ok so, my husband and I bought two brand new Samsung S8+ from the Verizon store on 10/17/2017. We adore them for the most part.

However, I noticed this evening somse small rainbow like marks on the front screen of mine. The phone has not been dropped or  water damaged, or anything else for that matter in any way. It doesn't seem to be spreading or anything so far. There is not one scratch on it. It is in a wallet case a very well protected one at that. I am perplexed really. I am sure we have the insurance, I just would hate to receive a refurbished phone when we paid so much for this one. Anyone else have these issues? We will be going into a Vebreak1.jpgbreak2.jpgbreak3.jpgrizon store tomorrow, I hope they can replace my phone with a new one but we shall see.

Confsion​

Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Bought two Samsung S8+ on October 17th and one now has a screen issue
MARK29DECOY
Enthusiast - Level 1

The store gave me a new phone. Thank you all for the advice!

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MARK29DECOY, it's concerning to hear that you are experiencing issues with these pixels on your device. You mention that your husband got one as well. Is this same issue present on their device, not necessarily located in the same area of the screen? Have you attempted any troubleshooting?

HarleyE_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

There's next to no troubleshooting you could do for this. You might download a screentest application, but it will show pixel problems in that location. I doubt the OP is going to get a new phone from the store, but then again, maybe the 8+ is so new, there won't be many remanufactured / reconditioned units.

0 Likes
MARK29DECOY
Enthusiast - Level 1

The store gave me a new phone. Thank you all for the advice!

stef7
Master - Level 2

Wow - good for you! Thanks for the update.

0 Likes