Boosting 4G Signal
termitedew
Enthusiast - Level 2

I own a Samsung Galaxy SIII.  I work in a room with no windows and very, very poor reception and no WiFi.  I have lots of dropped calls and my internet has a really hard time connecting.  I can sometimes get my Mobile HotSpot to turn on, but any device that is connected to it runs websites extremely slowly, if at all.  If I connect anywhere outside of this room, it works just fine.

Is there anything I can do/download/buy to boost my reception?

Thank you!

Re: Boosting 4G Signal
bearone21
Legend

no

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Best thing I can suggest is using the phone on your lunch-breaks.. not saying it is but the company your working for may want it that way..

termitedew
Enthusiast - Level 2

B33 wrote:

Best thing I can suggest is using the phone on your lunch-breaks.. not saying it is but the company your working for may want it that way..

Thanks for the thought.  I actually need to use it to write medical notes on our online server during business hours.

B33
Legend

Well with something important as that you might try asking the Administrator of the building if something can be brought in to increase the signal to help, If the reduced signal affects all of the employee's as whole it could be looked at as a group issue and in saying that something could be done Quicker.. Hopefully

VioletGeek
Enthusiast - Level 2

Like B33 said, there are devices that can boost/relay cell signals from outside to inside buildings. I think they're called repeaters. You could ask your admin to install one if it is a problem that affects your work.