Bluetooth not staying connected
Stonehedge

Several weeks ago I started having a issue with the bluetooth connection and Samsung Gear S2. Part of the issues was resolved friday night after finding that both phone and gear have to be started at the same to get either one to re-connect. That night and the next several days the issue return the phone and keeps disconnecting from the S gear via bluetooth  I was originally thinking it was the s-gear after sitting there and seeing what happens the phone will disconnect 1st.

While using a  bluetooth speaker the same issue occurs  the phone keeps timing out  / disconnecting from the bluetooth. Was constantly re-pairing the phone and speaker.  The same thing that is happening with the s-gear.

So i return to the verizon store different person tells me that I need to keep my auto update for apps turned (was originally turned off to save battery another issue. Smiley Sad) After spending the evening getting the apps updated  .... no change constantly s- gear disconnected,,,,, s-gear connected.

I guess the customer ( me ) feels that this is bluetooth  issue... others don't.

So trying to find how to resolve this issue I don't feel like spending my time at a verizon store everyday.

0 Likes
Re: Bluetooth not staying connected
stef7
Master - Level 2

http://www.cnet.com/how-to/smart-lock-android-5-0-lollipop/

Attempt to turn off smart lock, or otherwise remove the devices as trusted ones.

0 Likes
Stonehedge

I tried this  no luck, even searched for smart  lock nothing there on the S6.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

I'm confused. You found smart lock and the trusts for BT on the S6 and removed the trust or turned off smart lock, ....or.... you didn't find it. Please explain.

0 Likes
TheNatural
Contributor - Level 1

Honestly, you should call Samsung and not waste your precious time in a bunch of Verizon stores. They didn't design the phone or your Gear S watch. The store reps no offense are not going to be technically inclined as lets say tech support would be. Your bluetooth issues should be taken up with Samsung as they can actually remote into your phone and help you better. Trust me on this one.....