Bluetooth and Music
DeboraD
Enthusiast - Level 2

I thought when I used Bluetooth in my car I would be able to hear music thru the Spotify app on my phone but I only have an option for calls. Am I incorrect?

0 Likes
Re: Bluetooth and Music
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The car's Bluetooth might not support the option you want.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

DeboraD
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's my phone that says calls, not the car. I was thinking the phone should give me options.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It's the vehicle. I have used my phone in a number of various vehicles over the past few years. Some of them allowed me to used media (music and navigation) and read text messages. My own vehicle just allows me to handle calls through the Bluetooth.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

jav6
Champion - Level 3

What make/model/year car do you have?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
DeboraD
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a 2011 Suzuki Kizashi . I'm also checking their forums. Some replies say I have this option and some are saying I don't so it's confusing.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

DeboraD wrote:

I have a 2011 Suzuki Kizashi . I'm also checking their forums. Some replies say I have this option and some are saying I don't so it's confusing.

It might depend on which radio is installed in the vehicle. For example, my 2013 car has the basic model radio and it doesn't support the media payback, but if I had gotten the same year and model of vehicle with the fancier touchscreen radio, it would have supported the media playback.