Bluetooth Problems on Galaxy S6 after Nougat
LOURIN2

I've had my S6 for about a year and a half, and it has been a great phone.  After this update, I cannot use the bluetooth on the car.  When I try, the calls dial and go through, but I cannot hear anything.  I went to Samsung, who had me reboot in safe mode, and then clear the cache/partitions, which worked for a few minutes.  As soon as I turned my car on again, the phone stopped working.  The person on the other end can hear me, but I cannot hear them.  The problem persists after turning off the car, unless I turn off my bluetooth on the phone.  Then I'm fine.  Anyone have a clue what I can do?

0 Likes
Re: Bluetooth Problems on Galaxy S6 after Nougat
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lourin2,

I use my bluetooth in the car all the time. It is the safest way to travel and communicate. What type of car do have? Have you attempted to repair your phone and car? Is anyone else attempted to use bluetooth on your car? What is their experience like?

RobinD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LOURIN2

I have a KIA Soul; before the Nougat update everything was fine. I have

not been able to pair on any other car either. Other folks are paired on

my car with no problem. I did try un-pairing and then re-pairing; no

help. It is not just in the car that the bluetooth interferes. If I turn

it on, no matter where I am, the call goes through and yet I cannot hear

it. It is as if the bluetooth is broadcasting somewhere else.

On Thu, May 25, 2017 at 11:35 AM vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lourin2, that is definitely strange to experience after a software update. We want to find a resolution for this. It may be that the new software update isn't compatible with your car's software. Before coming to that conclusion lets continue some troubleshooting steps. Do you have another bluetooth speaker or device you can connect to in order to see if you can hear people fine? Have you looked into the KIA site to make sure they aren't having software issues?

MarcusS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes