Bluetooth Issue with update
BigBadBoy

Pre update –

1)     When the SIII was unlocked and a Bluetooth headset was connected pressing the headset button prompted s-voice and one could make a call using voice rec.

2)     When the SIII was in lock screen mode and the headset button was pressed, it woke the phone to the lock screen, but would not activate until one unlocked the screen manually.

The update was claimed to have rectified this; instead

Post update-

1)     When the Bluetooth headset is connected to the phone and the phone screen is unlocked pressing the headset button automatically prompts last number redial,  not s-voice.

2)     When the Bluetooth headset is connected and the SIII is in lock screen, pushing the headset button results in the exact same result as not being locked: Last number redial.

While the update has been able to pass the lock screen and I can still answer a call someone is calling (same as before) by using my headset button, I am unable to make calls while driving without manually interfacing with the phone.

I NEED HELP

THIS IS A MAJOR SAFETY ISSUE FOR ME

This Is the first time in ten years I’ve been unable to use a headset.

Is there anyone who uses a headset- not car interfaced, that works with this phone.  What brand is it.

I've been using a noise hush over the head for 5 years while commuting.  The SIII has ended this

0 Likes
Bluetooth Issue with update
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Have you tried holding the headset button?  I know the headset I have (which I admittedly never use) redial was a push, voice dial was a hold, and a longer hold would power off the headset.

0 Likes