Re: Bluetooth Connection and Audio Problems
blum_roo

Do you know if this has been fixed??

I'm having an issue with my bluetooth connection to my 2010 Honda Accord.    My phone is correctly paired... but I lose the bluetooth audio connection (not the phone call) for a brief few seconds and then the bluetooth connection automatically re-establishes itself... this repeats every 30-45 seconds during my conversation......

I think (but not sure) that if I disable WiFi this problem goes away??

Any thoughts..

0 Likes
JoeMikeKnight
Contributor - Level 1

I have done all the updates possible (besides 4.4) and I still have this issue. Sadly I now have to use a auxiliary audio cable to my stereo until they address this issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JoeMikeKnight, we don't want you to be dependent on your aux cable. There can be many possible causes to a bluetooth issue. I can suggest some troubleshooting steps that eliminate several possible causes and usually gets that working again. Unpair the device. Delete the phone from the car kit's internal memory. Backup and reset the device: http://vz.to/19jJtZW . Turn the car off and back on. Repair the devices and re-test.

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
buchananb

I had the same problem - bluetooth connects but no audio.  I tried everything - unpairing/repairing, checking on/off media or headset - and they never worked.

Here's what worked for me.  I have a bluetooth speaker that does both headset and media profiles.  I connected my phone to that speaker, expecting no audio.  I then called my phone from another phone, answered, and then selected/deselected the bluetooth speaker using the 'speaker' button in the ongoing call display.  Nothing came out of the speaker.  But when I hung up, I was able to reconnect my phone to the speaker and audio (finally!) came out.

This is an Android/bluetooth implementation problem.  For some reason, routing the sound to the right place gets mixed up and there's no way to reset it other than "tricking it".  My first indication was when I was changing the volume while connected to the bluetooth speaker, I didn't see the bluetooth icon, just the normal speaker icon.

Good luck!

0 Likes