Blocking text numbers
alpruett78
Enthusiast - Level 1

Last week I asked how to block unwanted numbers via calls. Now, I need to block unwanted numbers via text on the Samsung Galaxy S8. Why does Verizon make this so hard?

0 Likes
Re: Blocking text numbers
deloused
Master - Level 3

"Why does Verizon make this so hard?"

I dunno I find the block options on the MyVerizon App/website to be easy to usr

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you ask about the call blocking on this community last week? I don't see any other thread in your activity. When you block calls on your phone or through your My Verizon account online, you also block that number from also texting you.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

alpruett78
Enthusiast - Level 1

These are numbers that are only texting me. How can block those? In the other method, the only numbers that appear are numbers in my call log, not the text log.

FYI, on AT&T phones, you hold down on the number and select "Block this number". A <<removed>> of a lot easier than whatever Verizon is doing. Really regretting switching companies.

<< Content removed to comply with Verizon Wireless Terms of Service >>

0 Likes
seaneb_vzw
Verizon Employee

There are many ways how you can block a number from being able to text you. One option, is using the My Verizon website to control this. You can also use the Family Base app, but, there is a monthly subscription fee of $4.99 starting with the second month of that service. With Family Base, you can use it for free for the first month to see if it works for you or not, and then cancel it prior to being billed for the service. You can learn more about Family Base by going to our FAQ here: Verizon FamilyBase FAQs | Verizon Wireless . If there is anything we can assist you with, let us know.

​SeaneB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

alpruett78 We definitely want to ensure you remain our customer. Those unwanted calls and texts can be a nuisance and hope these steps will help. The steps provided for Phone icon, Menu (three dots top right), Settings and the Block Numbers section states “Block calls and messages from specific phone numbers,” so this setting blocks both calls and text messages. You can also block calls and text messages within your My Verizon online account using the step 3 on the following web page. https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/block-unblock-services-faqs/

DavidC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
David518

The incoming text message telephone number does not show up in the phone app and the text app will only allow you to mute the sound of the text. I haven't tried it yet but I assume if you add the annoying text telephone number to your list of phone numbers then you can lock it with the phone app. Is that correct?

0 Likes
KH-cathy29811

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Yes, that is correct, once you add a contact number on the contacts on your phone, you can use the Settings on the device to block the phone number. ~Pamela

0 Likes