Blocking incoming texts by keyword
-S-

For over a year now, I've been targeted via text message with messages like this(deleting partial link address so no one gets spammed) 

• Luke Happy new year! Saw your number on your profile, shows you live close to me 🙂 Lets chat kso2.pw/6hCpL******** Add me here
  • Congrats Luke! Your code L5C-R2N7 printed on your last receipt is among 7 we randomly picked for $1000 Walmart gift card promotion h7xcv.info/212dEB*****
  • Luke Schofield 8731 Trails Drive Park City - O3c.xkbd.sne.jp/*******
  • Luke, CBD is proven to reduce pain, anxiety and stress? It is legal in all 50 States! Get yours now!

painkiller2.xyz/P*******

• Congrats to 2 lucky users of our internet data! Today's winners of iPhone 11 are: Mike and Luke! Claim now al3cm.pw/BT*****

My name is not Luke, nor had it ever been & there are no records of a 'Luke' owning this number prior to me. The messages come from a different # EVERY single time.  I can't track who it is. 

Does anyone know if and how to track where these SMS are coming from? And if there is capability to filter texts out into spam folder with using a keyword?? The timing is somewhat unnerving, of when I received a handful of these messages. Out of at least 100 messages in total. 

Help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Blocking incoming texts by keyword
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

As far as I know, you can't block messages using a filter of keywords. 

You can keep reporting each message a spam using your phone's spam reporting tool if available. The Google Messages application has such an option.

The other way to report spam text messages is to forward the message to SPAM (7726) and then follow the instructions in the reply. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jhhssuu
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've got a similar spam problem. https://imgur.com/a/TJq0WgD. the President is causing me anxiety

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Next time, please blur out the phone numbers from any images you post on this public forum. 

https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/Community-Announcements/Verizon-Wireless-Community-Terms-of...

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the concern to have this taken care of. We want to try all options to get this done for you. Have you tried Call Filter to block these multiple numbers? In some cases, the number may be targeted and it may be best to change your mobile number. You can do this online via My Verizon completely free. 
JavierD_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can understand your concerns regarding the messages being received. Are you not wanting to receive these messages or trying to unmark them as SPAM?  AlbertoR_VZW

0 Likes
-S-

I had no idea that the Spam option was available; forwarding each message to SPAM (7726) & then following instructions. 

The spam reporting tool doesnt appear in my options, of the Verizon Call filter app, for SMS/MMS. 

The default(built in) messaging app, on my phone had a keyword filter in the past. I used it in the beginning of 2019.  Then, after an update one day, that option disappeared.  I had been filtering all messages with the word 'Luke'.  It worked everytime. Those messages were sent to spam. I will follow up with screenshots of those messages in the spam folder  

0 Likes
-S-

The Call Filter app on my phone, which has been updated, does not supply an option to filter spam texts. I block every single one of the numbers after I recieve them. The problem with that solution, is that these spam messages come in from a different phone number every single time. At the very beginning of the timeline(starting over a yr. ago, when these messages started to occur), a few messages came in from the same number. But that's it. It's like the amateur 'hacker'/'energy vampire' read a couple more pages on how to do their job. 

0 Likes
-S-

I'm trying to not recieve these messages.  I never want these messages again. More so, I'd like to know who is behind it. Like I mentioned in the original post, the timing of some of the text messages gave me the creeps. Almost like they were watching or listening to what I had been saying. Somethings can't be tracked by browsing history, and the microphone on our phones; silently pulling out my school books to study and then moments later getting a spam message about pills to keep me awake if I'm stressing. Etc. 

Problem with changing my phone number is that, I have multiple-SO MANY- two step verifications linked my to phone number. I dont want anyone else using my number, nor do I want to loose access to an account at a later date because I'm unable to provide a code . 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

When was the last time you attempted forwarding the messages? JoelD_VZW

0 Likes