Blocking Mode?
hulberts8908
Enthusiast - Level 1

After doing some research it seems as though Verizon has decided to exclude several features that the Samsung Galaxy S4 had originally intended to be used on their phone.  Most importantly - Blocking Mode to limit who is allowed to call during certain times, and send others to voicemail. Any idea if Verizon will decide to allow Samsung's phone to actually work the way it was intended?  This would be an incredibly helpful feature and I'd love to know if Verizon will provide any sort of solution to this.

0 Likes
Re: Blocking Mode?
PDawg2013
Contributor - Level 1

It's not going to happen hulberts8908. VZW wants you to pay for their low quality offering through their VZW apps. Blocking mode was taken off of the Note II that came to Verizon, so I'm thinking it will never come to VZW customers. Another reason I'm glad I left VZW for greener pastures and have blocking mode on my Samsung Galaxy S4 32GB edition.

0 Likes
hulberts8908
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well from what I've read, the apps you are speaking of block calls from certain people completely which is not what I am speaking of.  What I am speaking of is only sending calls to voicemail if they are not on an approved list during certain periods of time (ie: while sleeping).  We just got a push to enable Driving Mode so I'm going to hold out for the Blocking Mode.  I never knew this was a possibility on the Samsung Galaxy 4s until I started digging around the internet for tricks to do.  And, PDawg2013, if you do not like Verizon, why would you still be participating and giving unhelpful advice?

0 Likes
PDawg2013
Contributor - Level 1

hmmmm......It's not unhelpful to point out the obvious. Because you don't have access to blocking mode, you don't know the true functionality. It will block numbers and send them to voicemail according to the lists you set up and the times you specify for the lists you create. I have specific lists set up now that allow people I want to call me throughout the day when activated. VZW makes you pay for this service.

>>Rude, attacking comments removed; please keep it civil.<<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes