Tim3531

I recently visited the local verizon store because I was given a tablet I thought was given to me for purchasing a new phone.  I called the headquarters due to when I received my bill I noticed that a charge was on my account that I didn't understand of $30.00.  This charge would be on my bill for the next 2 years for a total of $720.00....Whoa  no way..... After a lengthly discussion with them I was instructed to return the table as they has annotated on my account a one time allowance to return the item.  When I returned to the store I was told that it was not possible because I hadn't returned the table within the return guidelines of 14 days....are ya kidding me.  The bill only comes once a month 30 days.....ARGH.   I asked the store manager to please check my account for the message and still was told that he could not do it.   The manager and I talked for a long perid and after our discussion I was told to go ahead and keep the tablet and due to the fact I served in the military he was able to provide a discount for me and my bill would return to it's normal amount...one I could afford of $130.00.   I checked my "my Verizon " account and to my suprize the bill was $148.50????   I was also instructed by the store manager to wait at least 2 billing cycles for everything to post??

I feel as though this may not be the case.... can anyone or has anyone had this happen to them and if so.... What can I do?   Just an honest guy trying to look out for myself.   Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.  🙂

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Bill
mama23dogs
Legend

1.  Carriers don’t give away free cellular devices with no catch, paid service for 24 months.   (None of Them!)

2.   Canceling the line will generate an ETF (I think $175).  

3.   Next time read before you sign, the 2 year contract was in the information 

4.   If it falls apart, file a BBB complaint.  Verizon May then agree to take the tablet back and void contract.

Re: Bill
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tim3531, I'm so sorry this was your experience with us, and the new Tablet. Our goal is always to provide accurate and consistent details. Have you had a chance to look at newer bills, or a confirmation the promotion will be added since the conversation with the manager? 

VanessaS_VZW

0 Likes