Battery drain
Sammie15
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why does my battery drain so quickly after downloading the persistent upgrade?  Galaxy 5S

0 Likes
Re: Battery drain
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Battery concerns can certainly impact the responsiveness of your phone. Can you tell me more about this?  When you say it's draining so quickly about how long has it lasted now?

MatthewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Sammie15
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have to charge it at least 3 times a day....even if I am not using it.  Why do I have to download the upgrade.....it was working great before that.

0 Likes
Sammie15
Enthusiast - Level 2

It was fully charged at night.  In the morning, it needed amother charge.

KBTron
Enthusiast - Level 3

So: there are apps that really sick the battery down. Sometimes they're just evil. And, given that S5s are getting a little long in the tooth, you might just have a bad battery; it happens.

First thing to do: when the battery's half way down, do settings->Power. Look at the list of programs and the amount of power they're consuming. Is there an app in there that's ducking up a huge amount of power?

Let us know what you find.

0 Likes
Sammie15
Enthusiast - Level 2

As I said....had no problems at all until the latest upgrade.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Sammie15

Charging your device that often can definitely be a nuisance. Let’s take a closer look.

Let’s use the device Battery Manager http://vz.to/1DcP7ic see what’s consuming your battery. Keep me posted with your findings.

AnthonyTa_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Sammie15,

Software updates are designed to improve the device. It saddens me to hear that this did not occur, and your battery life has shortened. Lets get this fixed. What is the current software version on the device? Go to settings>about phone>s/w version. Have you powered the device off/on since the update?

Thanks,

PamelaFF_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Sammie15
Enthusiast - Level 2

Bought a new battery and did a reset on my phone. Those updates really are

a nuisance. Don't need them.

On Apr 12, 2016 1:29 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Congrats on your new battery purchase Sammie15. We want to follow up with you to ensure that your S5 is working properly. If you can provide us with an update then it would be grteatly appreciated.

ArnettH_VZW

0 Likes