Battery drain after Pie update?
Licountrygirl

My battery had been draining faster than it should have before the update but now it's ridiculous  I am at 62% within 3 hours. All I'm doing is streaming Google play music. Any tips?

0 Likes
Re: Battery drain after Pie update?
bearone21
Legend

check all notifications, the update may have turned all on.

Elvwnk

Same problem here.  I read that restarting might help. Just tried that, but I dont see it did much. I have to recharge twice a day. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Elvwnk, 

My phone is always with me, so I understand how important it is to hold a charge. I'm sorry to learn of any issues after your update to Android Pie, and I'm eager to assist. A big thank you goes out to the community for their suggestions. I have a link that provides some great battery saving tips, too. Just click here: http://spr.ly/6603EkIZH;

ChristinaB_VZW

0 Likes
Anampagurl

I'm having the same issue and it is really ticking me off considering the fact that this phone isn't cheap. Mine goes from 100 to 0 before the end of my 8 hr workday. It used to last until the next morning.

0 Likes
Elvwnk

I asked at the Verizon store. They said yes, that happens with Pie.  They said dont leave tabs open. I'm used to leaving a lot open. I was told open tabs will drain even if you close Chrome. However, I've noticed keeping Chrome closed (despite open tabs) does slow the drain. 

Before Pie, I could easily keep as many as 80 open!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Elvwnk, we are glad to see that you have the latest Pie update on your phone, and I know how challenging it can be if your battery isn't performing as expected. Help is here. Have you made any other changes to your phone? How do you typically use your phone? Please note that software releases may inadvertently affect the battery performance of your phone, and I have submitted feedback about your experience to our internal teams for further review. In addition, I have also included the following guide for your benefit: 

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/troubleshooting-battery-life-android-video/ Let us know if this information helps. 

LorenzoP_VZW

0 Likes