Battery Life terrible since update (G290VVRS4DQH1)
Bradicus

I updated to G290VVRS4DQH1 two days ago, and ever since my battery is down to about 25% within 5 hours with little to no use.

After some digging I found that the Beaming Service app is using anywhere from 12-17% of the battery, depending upon usage.

When looking at the Battery Usage report right now, the top 5 usages are:

Android System (contains beaming service) @ 14%

Phone Idle @ 13%

Android OS @ 3%

Google Play Services @ 3%

Screen @ 2%

Is this a known issue?

0 Likes
Re: Battery Life terrible since update (G290VVRS4DQH1)
Bradicus

Also, if I go to Applications Manager then to the Beaming Service app, it shows the battery usage on this app to be 14%.

0 Likes
Re: Battery Life terrible since update (G290VVRS4DQH1)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bradicus, we understand how important it is to have a reliable battery for our device. Please allow us to further investigate. We are not aware of any known issues with the latest software update. Can you clarify if you have downloaded a new app recently or updated an app when you noticed this change in your battery? Can you please also follow this link http://vz.to/2xDIJ5C to restart your device in Safe mode? Once in safe mode please monitor your device battery for a few hours to see if you notice a difference in the battery. Please share your results.

SylviaT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes