Re: Battery Drain Galaxy S 5 Marshmallow
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

sorry about the screen shot but it showed that my battery has been on for 17 hrs 48 mins 39 s and I have approximately 28 hr 48 min left.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Colt, battery issues can cause many issues with your phone that we certainly don't want you to have to deal with. Lets figure this out. Where are you seeing these battery stats? Has you battery life improved?

_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Settings/battery: I downloaded the GSam battery monitor and now I get about at least a day and half with normal use before I have to charge it. I have had alot of problems out of this phone since that update in may,but after a LOT of reading and learning I've seem to have a decent phone again.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@kathy65793

I’m glad to hear you’re having a much better experience with your wireless device. Please know that we are here should you have any further questions or concerns.

AnthonyTa_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
somercamb

Hi there

This is my second time with marshmallow on my S5. Battery drain issues both times, even without using it for an hour (maybe 1-2% with lollipop vs 5-8% with marshmallow). After the first time, I did a hard reset and stayed with lollipop and just dealt with having to tap away the marshmallow upgrade message  which  appears it is not possible to disable. Is that correct?

I only updated a second time because I accidentally tapped the upgrade button.

Is there a fix with the battery drain issue?

Thank you

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Somercamb, we always want to help make sure your phone is functioning as it should. There is no way to revert back to a previous version once you have upgraded. Let’s get more information regarding your battery draining. How long does your battery last? What apps do you use, and what do you do on your phone?

MarkP_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
somercamb

1) How long does your battery last?

ANSWER:

As an example, during work (10 hour day), I always left my phone on the Lollipop battery saver (including turning off Wi-Fi, data, brightness and going to grey scale) when not in use. By the end of the day, with normal usage, I'd be no lower than 70%. At this very moment, 4 hours into my day and with "ultra power saving" previously on (and on when not in use), I'm at 75%.

I have already performed the wipe cache and never stream videos/music at work.

What apps do you use, and what do you do on your phone?

ANSWER:

Rarely video/music stream

90% of the time, I  use Gmail, chrome and calendar. I've had the same apps before updating to Android 6.0.1

I'm sure well aware that this is a huge issue, even based on the Verizon forums, let alone other non-Verizon forums discussing this problem.

Thank you

0 Likes
CHRRYN63

AGREE WITH somercamb. I TRIED RESTTING CACHE TO NO AVAIL. THIS PROBLEM IS LARGE. BOT MY WIFE'S PHONE AND MINE EXHIBIT MAJOR BATTERY DRAIN FOLLOWING UPDATE.

THIS IS NOT GOOD FOR SAMSUNG OR VERIZON.

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

I am sitting here right now looking at my S5 trying to restart. I have had trouble with this phone since back in may when they pushed out that update.It has had days where its  fine then weeks where I can't even get it started .I have done a lot of research on this update on the phone and it just looks like its a crap shoot on which ones took it OK and ones that did not.

0 Likes
josepht_vzw
Verizon Employee
CHRRYN63,

We want to make sure your phone gets you through the day. This video should help: How to extend your cell phone's battery life .

JosephT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes