Bad Sound Quality on calls Muffled Sound
sefnfot

I am within my 14 trial period.

The sound is muffled.

I switched over 6 lines from Sprint here in Los Angeles.

It looks like I am going back to Sprint.

I have this problem on the Samsung S 6 Edge and S 6 New from a Verizon store.

And I have this problem calling a land line.

Also when I call Verizon Tech Support I have a crackling sound MANY times so that I have to call multiple times before I get a clearer line. The sound is super annoying and borderline OUTRAGEOUS.

Since the above muffled sound is a known issue for several years; which has been acknowledged by Verizon on several occasions, I expect that I will not be charged the restocking fee.

I have had the Sprint Samsung S 6 since June 2015 and did not have this problem & since the net is riddled with this complaint stemming from Verizon; then it is obvious that it is a Verizon problem.

0 Likes
Re: Bad Sound Quality on calls Muffled Sound
sefnfot

My goal is to rectify the issue, but I don't see how since it has been a known issue since 2004.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sefnfot, our goal is your 100% satisfaction. Let's work together towards a resolution. I understand you're within your 14 day worry free guarentee period. Are both phones having the exact same issues? What zip code are you in? Are you having trouble indoors and outdoors? Does service improve once outdoors? Share details. Thanks!

KristieQ_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
sefnfot

90036-90048 zip codes

I have this problem indoor and outdoor from my home to my family members phone at their home. Also my grandmother can not understand or hear anything while talking to my mother while my mother is on the Samsung Galaxy S6.

both phones including the basic phone that I purchased with the bundle. "I DID NOT HAVE THIS PROBLEM WITH SPRINT!" (in case you are wondering why I switched from Sprint- my mother has some dead zones with sprint at the dr office at Kaiser Hospital. and we wanted to see if Verizon was better )

I assume that this is a network issue, since it has been a problem since 2004. Sure it is easier to pass the blame to the device. But I just used a Galaxy S 6 new from Print purchased from Best Buy and sound was clear.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional information sefnfot. Let's dig deeper and continue to work on these concerns for you. You mentioned this has been an issue since 2004. Were you previously a customer of ours? I have confirmed based on that zip code, there are cell towers in the close vicinity.Are you experiencing any issues with sending/receiving text messages or connecting to the data network? Thanks in advance.

KristieQ_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
sefnfot

No, I just started with Verizon this last week. But the muffled sound has been a known issue with Verizon since 2004 with multiple devices.

In addition , I just found out that a person that I have a difficulty hearing by cell phone has Verizon as well.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for that additional info sefnfot. To clarify further, is this trouble only happening indoors inside your home? Does signal improve once outdoors? How far do you have to travel before signal shows improvements? Thanks!

KristieQ_VZW

0 Likes