Backup Assistant Plus Dumb Question
JessIsOK
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is probably a really stupid question (and I think I already know the answer), but I'm asking it anyway so I can get confirmation. This morning, the SD card in my Samsung Galaxy S3 just stopped working. Nearly all of my pictures were saved there, but they've all been backed up with Backup Assistant Plus. If I take out the SD card, the photos will no longer be on my phone. So does that mean that they'll be removed from Backup Assistant Plus, too?

I apologize for this question being dumb, but I just wanted someone to confirm that my photos will still be there and that the panic I feel over losing my photos from my SD card is unnecessary. Smiley Happy

Thank you!

Jess

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Backup Assistant Plus Dumb Question
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

That is NOT a dumb question at all especially with Verizon. Normally the Cloud will retain these items and allow you to use them until you delete them from the Cloud directly. That said, Verizon rarely does things in a normal fashion so you would need to check the Cloud directly. I would google Verizon Cloud to get to the Computer version of it and log in via your computer. One note though. I have seen many posts on here where people have their pics on the Verizon cloud and they cannot get to them to retrieve them. They can see them, but cannot put them back on their phone, view them from their phone or even download them to their computer. I do know that in some cases Tech Support was able to help.

What I would really do after you resolve this is the following.

1) save all of your contacts as Google Contacts (once you do this they are seemless and accurate)

2) Save all of your pictures and documents on your SD Card

3) once a week, or every other week or once a month, copy the contents of the SD Card entirely to your computer and use your computer as a backup location.

4) if you do not want to do #3 use Dropbox or a reliable cloud to keep backups of your data and poctures

View solution in original post

Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

That is NOT a dumb question at all especially with Verizon. Normally the Cloud will retain these items and allow you to use them until you delete them from the Cloud directly. That said, Verizon rarely does things in a normal fashion so you would need to check the Cloud directly. I would google Verizon Cloud to get to the Computer version of it and log in via your computer. One note though. I have seen many posts on here where people have their pics on the Verizon cloud and they cannot get to them to retrieve them. They can see them, but cannot put them back on their phone, view them from their phone or even download them to their computer. I do know that in some cases Tech Support was able to help.

What I would really do after you resolve this is the following.

1) save all of your contacts as Google Contacts (once you do this they are seemless and accurate)

2) Save all of your pictures and documents on your SD Card

3) once a week, or every other week or once a month, copy the contents of the SD Card entirely to your computer and use your computer as a backup location.

4) if you do not want to do #3 use Dropbox or a reliable cloud to keep backups of your data and poctures

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

JessIsOK wrote:

... This morning, the SD card in my Samsung Galaxy S3 just stopped working. Nearly all of my pictures were saved there

Have you tried reading the SD card in your computer?  The pics may still be there, and the glitch was with the phone being able to detect the SD card, not the data on the card.  If you have an adapter, try reading the card directly on the computer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jakeman1 thanks for helping us support JessIsOK with information regarding our Verizon Cloud. You can sync and save your important contacts, photos, videos, music, documents, call logs and even text messages with Verizon Cloud's secure storage. For more information about this feature, click:  http://vz.to/IsygQ6

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

LasinaH my comments were that you can save these to Verizons Cloud but the issue was you cannot get these out of Verizons Cloud and save them to your computer which is a very flawed part