BOGO accidently paid off early
klart83
Enthusiast - Level 2

So,

I have been a Verizon customer for about 15 years, with no complaints really.  Until now, my wife mistaking paid off the free BOGO phone ending the monthly credits.  An honest mistake, and one I can not seem to reverse.  I tried speaking with a representative and I just keep getting sent to a chat.  So I pleaded my case with whoever was on the other side of the chat.  They said some "form" they had stated they could not refund me, or reinstate my BOGO credit for the phone.  I really could not tell, because the grammar used by this individual was so bad, I don't think English was their primary language.  Honestly, I think the customer service has gone WAY downhill since 2005.  If this is not remedied I feel like its time to pick another carrier.  I get the terms of the agreement, but this was a mistake!

Labels (1)
Re: BOGO accidently paid off early
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

klart83, We know the importance of understanding our BOGO requirements and procedures. We're truly sorry to learn that you've made a mistake in paying off the device. Whenever you pay off your device agreement, any monthly promotional credits you're getting for that device will stop.  Regrettably, we would not be able to issue credits on devices that have already been paid off.  This information is listed here under General Information and BOGO Promotions #1: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/device-payment-faqs/

TanishaS_VZW

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Just an FYI, there is a warning on the screen that paying off installments cannot be reversed.  While it doesn’t mention the credits you may be getting, the original deal information did. 
Sorry.  Must be bummed

0 Likes
klart83
Enthusiast - Level 2

"Regrettably, we would not be able to issue credits on devices that have already been paid off."

This is a convenient workaround that puts the onus on the customer, and not the corporation.  It was a mistake, make it right or I will vote with my wallet, by going to a different carrier.  I really don't even know why I am doing this because I am sure you don't even care.

0 Likes
klart83
Enthusiast - Level 2

There was a time, regardless of customer mistakes, that a company would do what it had to to make a situation right.  I will say this, by not working this out, you are recommending me to one of your competitors. I know for a fact, that AT&T would bend over backward for there customers. The ball is in your court, either fix it, or I will leave.  It would be unfortunate that you lost a 15-year customer over this situation. 

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

@klart83 wrote:

There was a time, regardless of customer mistakes, that a company would do what it had to to make a situation right.  I will say this, by not working this out, you are recommending me to one of your competitors. I know for a fact, that AT&T would bend over backward for there customers. The ball is in your court, either fix it, or I will leave.  It would be unfortunate that you lost a 15-year customer over this situation. 

😆I just came back from AT&T.  Um, no.  I’ve seen posts from their CSRs just like that one.  Or seen people come back after a ‘private message’ to write At&t said “too bad.”  

The At&t of 6 years ago is long gone.  It’s by the letter.  And they also have the warning about pay off not being reversible and the terms of deals tell you you lose credits if you pay off installments.  

Phone deals are to tie us to the carrier for a length of time so that they can make a profit off of selling us service. Once you pay off the phone they can no longer keep you.   Phones are a loss leader to get new customers or new business.

You can go off and a huff if you want, but AT&T is one match away from a dumpster fire. I got out just before they had a complete collapse of their voicemail system. And right now Wi-Fi calling doesn’t work on a lot of iPhones after last update.   
I save some money while I was with AT&T. But the customer service was abysmal and some of their policies are absolutely ridiculous. And if you’ve seen common core math and think it’s crazy? Wait till you see AT&T‘s new billing 

0 Likes