Are you happy with your Galaxy S5? I'm looking for a new phone.
callmedeborah
Enthusiast - Level 1

Are you happy with you Galaxy S5?  I'm looking for a new phone.

0 Likes
Re: Are you happy with your Galaxy S5? I'm looking for a new phone.
bearone21
Legend

extremely happy, battery life doubled

jtown
Contributor - Level 3

Very happy after getting it to stop keeping the display lit after charging completes.  Battery life blows my Galaxy Nexus out of the water.  The GNex was like an electric car with a 30 mile range.  Always looking for a charge.  The S5's screen is gorgeous.  OLED is a must-have for me.  Signal strength is better than the GNex and the S5 is XLTE-ready so you can get faster speeds in those markets.  I got 69.08/18.95 in Kansas City back in May.  Other XLTE areas have had download speeds of high 20s to low 30s.  Performance is good.  The interface feels smooth and responsive.  I even like the look.  It's like something out of a 50s diner.

My only real gripe is the storage.  16 gigs is pretty sad these days and only 10 gigs are available.  I know you can add a 128 gig card (I have) but few apps load completely to the card.  Heck, lots of apps won't put anything on the card.  A flagship phone should have 32 and 64 gig options.

I also wish I could just load the bare OS and skip all the bells and whistles that Samsung's added.

diverdown2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just switched from a Droid Maxx and love it, just a small learning curve. Best phone I've owned and I've owned a few.

brandonp94

@diverdown2 How is the battery life compared to the Droid Maxx? I need an all-day-or-more phone but something that has upgradeable storage.  I've heard the S5 can go either way with average battery life. How does yours run comparatively?

0 Likes
trouthunter

Upgraded to the S5 from the S3.

Mildly impressed.  Water resistance being the main plus.

It's not that much bigger but, it's lighter and thinner.  I guess you could say it feels cheaper but It'll spend it's life in a protective case.

Charges faster but I haven't yet noticed the extended battery life, I have had it less than 24 hours.  It works well and is familiar.  Today I'd say do it since I can't find anything "wrong" yet.

Get it on sale.

0 Likes
thenyyankeefan
Enthusiast - Level 3

I love it. The biggest thing for me is the phone is dust/water resistant. If you add the Otterbox Preserver for this phone, it makes it much more resistant to water/debris and it protects it if it falls. I expected the phone to be buggy (since I bought it on the release date) but so far everything is going fine except one thing. This one thing I think is only wrong with my phone cause I cannot find anyone else with the issue. Battery life is great and the fast charge USB charges my phone super quick (within an hour or so). It has a nice size screen (not too big or small) and it is not heavy at all. I definitely recommend this phone to anyone who is looking to get a new phone. Hope this helps.

Matt

0 Likes
Re: Are you happy with your Galaxy S5?  I'm looking for a new phone.
brandonp94

What's the one thing wrong with it thenyyankeefan ? What's your typical battery life also?

0 Likes
Re: Are you happy with your Galaxy S5?  I'm looking for a new phone.
thenyyankeefan
Enthusiast - Level 3

The one issue I have is, is my phone turns the sound on (from vibrate or silent) after every call and rarely it does this randomly. My average battery life (I have Bluetooth and wifi on all day and play games a lot) is a little over 24 hours. If I do not have the Bluetooth on and do not play games but still have wifi on it last much longer. I have two devices connect Bluetooth.. You FitBit and Plantronics headset or whatever you call it. My FitBit connects like every 15 mins to update so that drains the battery more.

Matt

0 Likes
tailynn
Enthusiast - Level 3

I love my phone. I did not condition my battery when I got it so the battery is somewhat les....impatient me I know....it loads apps and swings between them so fast...It gets good signal when other phones don't. the features and memory both do great things for me and the camera is really really good.

0 Likes