Apps working with wi fi now requiring mobile connection--voicemail and backup
robin373

On 11/11/13, with my mobile data turned off and connected to my home wi fi, I could go to the voicemail app button click it and get sent to a screen where it offered visual voicemail, but also a button to open voicemail. I could go to the Backup Assistant Plus, hit the 'backup now' button and back up my phone.  On 11/12/13, I updated software to 4.3.  (Besides other annoying little changes including kies problems) , I can't access these 2 apps using the Wi-Fi. It only works when I have mobile turned on. Actually, I was able to access the voicemail without being connected--out in the car.

Any ideas on how to correct this? Verizon has pretty expensive mobile time and I don't want to waste it. I also don't want to pay for visual voicemail. Seems best voicemail service should be offered out of respect to customers, but that is another conversation. Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Apps working with wi fi now requiring mobile connection--voicemail and backup
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

robin373, thanks for these details. It sounds like the recent software update may be conflicting with the applications downloaded to your device. I recommend that you uninstall those two applications, power your device off/on and then redownload them.

robin373, did you know that basic voice mail is free? Here's more details about this free feature: http://vz.to/1d2EaoG

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Apps working with wi fi now requiring mobile connection--voicemail and backup
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

robin373, thanks for these details. It sounds like the recent software update may be conflicting with the applications downloaded to your device. I recommend that you uninstall those two applications, power your device off/on and then redownload them.

robin373, did you know that basic voice mail is free? Here's more details about this free feature: http://vz.to/1d2EaoG

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes