Anyway to fix a cracked screen?
DD234

I dropped my phone and cracked the "glass" cover.  I am a long way from my upgrade.  Anyone have ideas on how to either fix it or can I apply a new screen clear sticker to keep the cracks from getting worse?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Anyway to fix a cracked screen?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
  1. Send it into Samsung for repair.
  2. Find a third party repair shop
  3. Be aware that a cracked screen has also voided your warranty on the device.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
  1. Send it into Samsung for repair.
  2. Find a third party repair shop
  3. Be aware that a cracked screen has also voided your warranty on the device.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
dasuhl
Enthusiast - Level 2

I replaced the glass on my daughters siii shortly after we got it. We bought a new glass on ebay for about $25.00 if I remember correctly (colors are available). Remove the back cover and battery. Gently heat the broken screen with a hair dryer from about 6 inches. With the plastic tool supplied start pulling away the broken pieces, getting the first one away is the hardest. After all of the broken glass is off clean THOROUGHLY with lint free screen wipes. Now the new glass comes with a full size piece of double sided tape (for screen and/or borders) but I didn't want the chance of a bubble in the center of the screen so I chose just the border portion of the tape witch goes around the screen and above and below the home, back, and menu buttons. Carefully remove one side of the tape and apply to the phone. Make sure the back and menu buttons don't move around (mine did). Now peel off the remaining side of the tape. This is your last chance to make sure your screen is clean and dust free. Apply the new glass pressing firmly around the edges.

I did this about a year ago and haven't had a problem with touch response. Good luck.