Re: Anyone having S8 screen protector issues?
E5Destroyer
Contributor - Level 1

Listen if you are having issues with your screen protector then go to:InvisibleShield Sapphire Defense Curve for the Samsung Galaxy S8 | Samsung Galaxy S8 | InvisibleShie...

THIS IS NOT THE REGULAR ZAGG SCREEN PROTECTOR. IN FACT VERIZON DOES NOT CARRY IT YET... THIS IS THE SAPPHIRE. IT WORKS. I HAVE PUT IT THROUGH ALL KINDS OF TESTS. NO [Removed]. UNLIKE THE OTHER ONES THIS ONE HAS STICKING STUFF OVER THE ENTIRE SCREEN AND IT DOES NOT LOOSE AND SENSITIVITY.

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

LARDOR35

Is the screen protector the Saphire Curve

0 Likes
PATTEM47
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'd love to know how to get a refund.  After two broken screen protectors, one in a week, and the second one two weeks later, I'm done with Verizon screen protectors.  Now I have to shell out more MORE money for something that should have worked in the first place.  I am spending way too much money on this upgraded phone and all these add-ons, and I am one unhappy customer.

Avgjo3
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had my Note 8 phone for, ironically, 8 days now since I pre-ordered. I wish I would have seen this blog before purchasing the ZAGG curved tempered glass screen protector.  I returned the first ZAGG protector for sensitivity issues to the Verizon store where is was purchased after 5 days. The replacement seemed to function better, but after 2 days it fell off the phone and chipped when it hit the ground. I live in East TX and it is humid here. Wonder if that had anything to do with the adhesive strips failing since there is an air gap and only attached at top edges. Verizon employee installed screen both times. Verizon will not return second failed screen as they say, "you damaged it." Contacting ZAGG for warranty. I am not impressed at all.

BREMAB80
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yea dropped my phone and the screen protector popped right off!  In the rain, of course.

tuif
Enthusiast - Level 2

My daughter and I both have a Galaxy S8. We bought the curved screen protector from Verizon.  It was $50 each. It is a very pricey screen protector.  They installed it. Ever since, we have had problems with sensitivity. We have had problems with the edges not registering touch. We end up with a lot of misspelling and what looks like mis-typing due to the lack of sensitivity. And usually when we pushed on the screen, we hear a noise that sounds like the screen protector  was not flush with the phone screen. I dropped my phone once and the screen protector  flew off. we reapplied it. Last night I dropped my phone and the screen protector came off and broke.  I am very disappointed with the screen protector that Verizon sold us. I bought the 2 screen protectors from Verizon because I felt they were the best option out there to protect the screen on our new Galaxy S8. I could have bought a cheaper screen protector but I went with these. I love the phone but I hate the screen protectors.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tuif,

I'm so sorry to learn about what happened with your screen protectors. It's vital to have additional protection on your S8 however, we don't want it to cause any further issues. I will be happy to help. May I ask, have you tried to take the screen protectors you purchased to the original point of sale? When did you purchase the screen protectors? We do offer a 14-day worry free guarantee for devices and accessories you purchase from us.

JuanD_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this! 

0 Likes
CURWOM40
Enthusiast - Level 1

We purchased an Invisible Shield Glass Curve for Samsung Galaxy Note8 at the time we purchased the phone from Verizon. The Verizon salesperson installed the screen protector for us. He installed it crooked allowing the edge to not fit tightly against the curve and it cracked. He DID NOT use the guide to install it. I figured this was their fault and made them replace it last Monday. The new one fell off Wednesday night, hit the pavement and broke. The first screen protector scratched the phone's screen. We did not see this when the second screen protector was put on, as it was behind the counter and the salesperson removed and replaced it. I went to Verizon and Josh, the acting manager, said the Zagg is a piece of junk and we're not the first ones to have this problem, they've had problem after problem, and that have refunded dozens of them. He said most of the salespeople do not use the guide to install it. He suggested contacting Zagg who offered to replace the screen protector and give me a $10 gift card. They would not respond to our wanting the screen replaced. Spend $1000 on a phone only to have the screen scratched by lazy sales people and defective products.

BONPON1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem.  My n never comes out.  Plus my glass keeps popping off.  It won't stay because of the curve.  I have stepped on one already and just broke the 2nd one.  What a lousy product.

AMKELECTRIC
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree!!!! Zagg screen protectors are junk and verizon should be ashamed to sell such junk to their customers, especially when they charge $50 for such garbage. I have been with Verizon for longer than I can remember. I've already rid my home and business from every verizon service I had with the exception of mobile phones. Just like the quality of the other verizon services, I've parted ways with,  I'm noticing the quality of mobile service sinking fast. It probably will not be long before I need to move on to a different mobile provider. It's really a shame companies can't provide a quality product or service for a reasonable price instead of being underhanded and shady attempting to grab as much profit as possible in as little time as possible with no consideration of what they may be doing to others. I suppose the new golden rule is do unto others before they do unto you. Oh also, this is not just about the screen protector. I believe the screen protector is also representative of the quality of service that is in decline.

0 Likes