Re: Anyone else having problems after software update from MK2 to NC5?
gust334
Enthusiast - Level 2

[Replying to my own message]

"Master sync" is apparently the same as "Sync" which can be found by swiping down from the top and then hitting the four boxes in the upper right.  I was able to toggle it on, and recovered functionality of my inbound email.

The user interface for the email program has changed, the menus don't look quite the same.  The digits on the lock screen look slightly different too.  I can live with the cosmetic differences but the update breaking my email was unacceptable.  It was working fine in MK2.

I don't recall seeing Sync as a setting before, in particular I don't remember seeing it as part of the email program.  Does anybody know if the sync function was always included in the email app, and was simply turned off by the NC5 update?  Or was the sync function always present but not included in the email app until NC5 added it?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

embru,

We want to make sure you have a fully functional device! Have you tried to remove and readd your home wifi network on your device? Settings>Wifi>Tap on Network name>Forget. Regarding the change in color of the battery icon, that is a software enhanced change that is expected.

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

gssieg,

This is quite odd and certainly concerning, let's get to work and fix it. Do you lose data in a specific location? Do you receive an error message when you notice MMS and SMS not going through? When did this start? Please follow steps http://vz.to/1s77sEC to reset text messaging app. Keep us posted. 

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is definitely not normal, especially after an update, brewrmark. There may be an issue with an app not working properly with the new update. The update may also have installed incorrectly. I recommend performing a master/hard reset, after backing up all your important data. ( I would also remove your SD card after backing up your content, if you perform a master reset, as it will typically reformat your SD card too) This typically clears up a lot of the issues that may appear after updating to a new OS version, including the battery issue you are experiencing. Here are the steps : http://vz.to/1fN6gGo

Once you are back in the set up screen, please make sure that you disable Google's auto download/recovery service. This will download all your previous downloaded content from the play store. We recommend downloading the apps you would like to download manually, and one by one to check for incompatibilities.

Please keep us updated!

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

tsue1969
Enthusiast - Level 2

I updated my Galaxy s4 to nc2 a couple days ago, and now my phone will not charge at all...does not recognize the charger is connected, and my phone has completely drained and is displaying a grey battery icon and doing a short vibration tone every 20 seconds or so....I cannot get it to stop. I've tried several chargers - no change. I was able to power it up briefly before the battery was completely drained, and cleared the cache. Did not help. Same problems as others as well in that the battery gets hot, and battery drains super fast. I REALLY wish I had chosen not to install this update. Please help!! There are many of us here who rely on our phones for business, and not having my phone is seriously impeding my work.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello gust334, this is definitely out of the ordinary! Let's get to the bottom of this together. Please try deleting the email accounts and apps and then re-adding to see if it will bring back the default sync.

WiltonA_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
gust334
Enthusiast - Level 2

More Settings : Sync == "Master sync", thanks Pinmaster

No need to delete email accounts and recreate them.  No need to clear system cache.  Don't know why the NC5 update disabled email, but turning Sync back on seems to have restored email.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TimeWellWasted,

It is never good to hear that a update has caused problems with a device. Updates are suppose to improve the device. Have to checked settings to see what it draining the battery? Settings>More>Battery

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
embru
Enthusiast - Level 2

I reinstalled my router and everything is better.  Battery icon is still white, but seems to be going down as the battery goes down.  In fact, all my icons are white - missed called, messages, etc.  this seems to be a downgrade - not an upgrade.  Weird.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

embru wrote:

I reinstalled my router and everything is better.  Battery icon is still white, but seems to be going down as the battery goes down.  In fact, all my icons are white - missed called, messages, etc.  this seems to be a downgrade - not an upgrade.  Weird.

The KitKat OS version has all the notification bar items with the color white.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.