Anyone else having problems after software update from MK2 to NC5?
RoyPilot
Enthusiast - Level 2

Battery Icon grayed out, use to be green in color and lost the battery info for Mophie Juice Pack add on battery

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Anyone else having problems after software update from MK2 to NC5?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The battery icon, like all other icons in the notification bar, should be white, which is a Google requirement for KitKat. It may look 'grayed out' as the battery depletes since it'll be a white outline with the color fill approximating the amount of battery left.

View solution in original post

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The battery icon, like all other icons in the notification bar, should be white, which is a Google requirement for KitKat. It may look 'grayed out' as the battery depletes since it'll be a white outline with the color fill approximating the amount of battery left.

RoyPilot
Enthusiast - Level 2

My Battery Icon has been green since I bought this phone last year. Also the Mophie Juice Pack Battery, which is a 2300mAh battery that also acts as a protective back to the phone had an Icon on the top left side of the phone where you see notifications such as Twitter, Email etc. BUT since the update this morning I get no Battery Info for Mophie and only a white Icon for the battery, which is hard to see. Also seems I am missing calls all day today and dropping or failing to connect on calls I make. Looks like there may be a problem with the latest software update.

0 Likes
JBMann90
Enthusiast - Level 1

It sure would be nice if Verizon could tell us how to go back to 4.4.1. Help Verizon?

RoyPilot
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

JBMann90 wrote:

It sure would be nice if Verizon could tell us how to go back to 4.4.1. Help Verizon?

There is no official way to roll back (and discussing unofficial ways is against the forum's Terms of Service).

JBMann90
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, but since it wasn't thoroughly tested before it was rolled out, allowing us to rollback to 4.3 would only be common courtesy. In light of so many people having crippling errors with their devices since the OTA upgrade, I'm sure you would agree.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried a system cache clear or a factory data reset?  Those are recommended after an OS update when issues are encountered.

Viperslice

I'm having problems with my phone staying connected through the headphone jack, while using AUX in my car after the update. After every song finishes and goes to the next song, my S4 will disconnect. Will clearing the cache and doing the factory data reset correct this?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

They might, but they might not have any effect, unfortunately.  I'd try the system cache clear first since it shouldn't erase any of your data.  If you do a factory data reset, remove the SD card and back up all your data first because it will wipe your data/info.

Clear system cache on S4:

Power down phone

Press/hold volume up and home keys, then press/hold power key

When phone vibrates, release power key

When system recovery menu displays, release volume up/home keys

Use volume keys to navigate to wipe cache partition and press power key to select

Once finished, press power key to reboot system