Re: Anyone else experiencing GS4 low signal strength?
mdxdx
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was on the phone yet again trying to get answers. Still having sim card error issues. Tech rep was absolutely no help at all. She said the sim error is a known issue with the s4, and decided to send me a network extender for the issue. If its a known issue with the device what good is this going to do.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

loumazz12,

Good afternoon! I want to take a look at this issues that you are having with your Galaxy S4! How long have you been having low signal strength? What zip code are you currenty in? Are there other devices on your account that are having the same issue? Thanks for doing the factory reset already. Have you tried powering the phone off and pulling the sim card from the device? http://vz.to/L3zR07 Please keep me posted.

KevinR_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi mdxdx!

I can see this is becoming a nuisance for you and I would love to assist in resolving!  Please share details of what you're experiencing with the SIM Card.  What is the exact error message?  How often does the error message appear and are you performing any specific tasks when the error message populates?  Have you tried removing and reinserting the SIM Card http://vz.to/1avwAh4?  Lastly, has your SIM Card been replaced since this problem began?  Please let me know so that I can further assist.  Thanks!

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mdxdx
Enthusiast - Level 2

My signal turns to a circle with a line through it and no sim pops up at top of screen. Happens a couple times a day and sometimes during calls causing it to drop the call. I have had a few phone replacements and Sims as well. A tech support supervisor suggested changing me to a different device and opened some kind of ticket to do so, but this was on the 8th. And I called yesterday to check on it and the ticket is still open. Tech support also informed me that the sim error is a known issue with the s4.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for your continued feedback, mdxdx! I can see how these problems can be a great bother to you, and I really want to help you bring them to an end. I do see that the SIM card error is ongoing, and that a ticket has been opened. What I don't see is if the SIM itself has ever been replaced. Can you confirm if that action has been taken? Thanks again!

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
mdxdx
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes I have gotten a few sim replacements. The tech supervisor opened a ticket to get a alternate device on the 8th and I would like to know why it is taking 3 weeks to get answers. I have never had my work carrier take so long to solve a problem. Then again I have never had a major issue like this with them.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional feedback mdxdx. Based on your feedback and the troubleshooting steps that have been taken, it sounds like a device/location relationship issue. The SIM card is not the issue. Each device may respond differently in each area. They are all designed equally in terms of signal strength and reception; however, other factors such as topography, weather, tower capacity and structures can present challenges. This is not to say that there is anything wrong with the amazing Galaxy S4; however, it may not perform as well in your particular area. If you are past 14 days of purchase and are not yet eligible for an upgrade, I apologize we would not be able to offer an alternate device.

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes