Re: Anyone been scammed out of their BOGO for the Samsung 7 ?
MsMarz77
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same scam story here. Long time verizon customer who gave up being grandfathered into unlimited data to upgrade my phone and fell for the $792 BOGO samsung galaxy 7 edge promo that clearly i will never see after multiple escalations and HOURS of dealing with customer service.So if any community customer rep relies to this please do not give me any more run around questions and just process and fulfill the $792 rebate!!

I purchased TWO new samsung galaxy 7 edges, paid full taxes on both, accessory packages and added a line for an additional $20 a month. This change was ultimately supposed to lower my bill according to sales rep. Now im paying almost $50 MORE per month and no rebate?!? Grrrrr. One seriously ticked off customer here. I was on hold yesterday for an hour (literally) before speaking with said rebate center with limited english speaking rep who could care less about me as a customer and just kept repeating i didnt fit within the terms and conditions of submitting my claim. I tried repeatedly to speak with a rebate center supervisor to explain my issues with submitting the rebate only to be told i was being transferred and then got hung up on. Its clear that the "escalation" process does not look at a case by case inquiry and my claim remains invalid after numerous attempts to resolve and escalate. They try to give customers that warm fuzzy feeling that they care, tell you the claim is being escalated, make you wait 14-30 days only to tell you again and again the claim is invalid.  So on my final resolution attempt i called verizon customer service again. The end result as of right now is verizon customer service "understands im upset but they are sorry there is nothing more they can do. If they continue to escalate through rebate center, i will continue to get invalid claim". Bravo Verizon...blame the "rebate center".  I received a $75 credit to my account and was told that maybe i can try and go sell the phone on my own for fraction of what i paid (mind you phone is still brand new in box, only activated for rebate but has never been used!)....minus taxes, accessories and monthly charges...plus ALL that time on hold and dealing with multiple customer service reps...and No PHONE??? im sure ill also get some additional fee tacked on for taking the extra "free" phone off my plan now too! I just want my $792 rebate!! It's amazing to me how much Verizon will pay all these customer service reps, rebate center reps, escalation and form processes to research, evaluate, escalate and yet ultimately avoid paying me the $792 rebate?!?...and here i am the stupid one continuing to give them a ridiculous amount of money each month. Sad after all this time as a verizon customer that it appears i am not valued and need to find a new carrier...i will be taking at least 7+ family members with me, spreading the word of my experience on social media and keeping my eye out for class action lawsuit. Very disappointed in Verizon! Hope all of this is worth $792.

stainlessgoddess
Enthusiast - Level 1

Wow. This is so sad. We have been customers for 19 years with 5 lines...... So sad to know that over 6 pages of people on one post alone have this issue. Same sob story here. I have been waiting since MARCH 17th and NOTHING has been done. Keep being told its "invalid" jumping through every hoop hung up on by multiple supervisors. Called from the verizon number and was put on hold and transferred. Told I am out of the rebate period go back to a supervisor again and the run around continues. I have gotten nowhere and am exhausted and about to be broken down. And we were about to upgrade our other 3 lines. Not happening. Will probably cancel all of the lines now. Smiley Sad

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

stainlessgoddess, I've sent you a private message. Please respond at your earliest convenience.

JosephT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
GMONEY04330

This has to be the biggest pain I have been through trying to get a rebate. All this paperwork,scanning receipts,etc. My wife (bless her heart) has the patience to spend countless hours on the phone. And by countless I do mean at least 10 hours.. The thing that bothers me most is they have all the information on the phones we've bought yet they make you go through this huge hassle to get the info. I assumed BOGO was like Publix where you get it free while you purchase the 1st phone. NO. By the time I submitted rebates 2 months later -they said offer expired ! Now trying to go through the hassle again and can't find all receipts/bar codes/installment agreement.  Why would the company that you bought the phones from ask you for info they already have. Arrrggghhhh!

0 Likes
mrbrooks418
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had the same problem. Purchased 4/13/16. The store submitted the submission, and told me to look out for the rebate card in 6 to 8 weeks. so at about 6 weeks i called Verizon to check on the status of the card. They told me it was never submitted and now it was 30 days past purchase and i was out of luck. I went back to the store to fight with them. At first they tried saying I was suppose to submit it. I reminded them of my conversation with him and what we did when I purchased then like a week later he admitted that there was a lot of problems with the BOGO promotion and it was even worse because it wasn't a Verizon promo but a 3rd party thing. we sent repeated submissions and got declined. finally he communicated with someone through a chat site at Verizon, which promised and email in 5 days about a resolution. 10 days came and went and no email. So went back and he communicated with them again, and got emial next day saying approved. received card in mail 1 week later.(Yesterday)

Was so excited because i was going to pay of a line and get the Note 7 we pre-ordered 2 weeks earlier, but now I cant get the phone. Even though it is there in the store, with my name on it. The recall has stopped all sales and activations of the Note 7.

Bottom line is I got resolved, but took like 5 months.

0 Likes
JOSSEI37
Enthusiast - Level 1

Oh yes I have.  I've been fighting since last March, too.  I satisfied 2 rejections (that I had ask about to learn of them) with information that I supplied in my original rebate request.  Spoken with multiple samsung and verizon people, on-line chatted with some and I still don't have my rebate.  The final rejection was cited as an issue with not turning my rebate request in within 30 days of purchase!  It was 34 days, I belive, but who knew of this restriction?  All this after being reject twice for other reasons!!!  I touched back to the verizon phone sales guy that sold me the deal in the first place and asked for help and also asked for him to show me where it said I only had 30 days to submit my rebate request and he referred me to his supervisor after several of my emails to him. his supervisor responded one time and stopped responding to my request for HELP!!!!  So...what now?  Find Mr. Verizon???  I'm am so dissapointed with my Verizon experience.  It seems to me that Samsung is scamming people by not paying and Verizon is not supporting their clients even though the are PARTNERED with Samsung.  Can someone show me otherwise???

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JOSSEI37, we definitely do care about you getting the promotion that you entered. All of our promotions have deadlines in which everything has to be properly submitted. I want to ensure that you have exhausted all of your options. Have you called the rebate department directly to speak to a manager for an exception? You can reach out here >> http://bit.ly/2cyFRjy   Do you have the emails saying that you were missing required information?

MarcusS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

JOSSEI37
Enthusiast - Level 1

thank you for responding to my complaint.  I have spoken with multiple people at the rebate center as well as at Verizon about this issue.  My last interaction with a Verizon supervisor was that he promised to look into this matter and then stopped responding to my emails.

The rebate center declined my rebate application on three occasions for 3 different reasons.  The first two were due to a lack of info but the truth is I sent all of the correct info in on my first application for rebate.  However, I satisfied their first two requirements.  Then, they told me my request was declined because my application for rebate was sent in 33 days after my purchase and the deadline for filing was 30 days. First of all, I was unaware of any filing deadline.  I asked my Verizon salesguy where this info was posted and why it wasn't brought to my attention; he had no answer.  I have his emailed instructions on how to file for the rebate with no 30 day limit spelled out.  next i asked the rebate center why they didn't tell me that months ago while they had me scrambling around to send them information they already had; they tell me that these hurdles are triggered one at a time and in a specific order.  apparently, exceeding the filing deadline is down the list a bit.

Much of my work was done over many, many phone calls after long waiting periods.  Status changes and requirements from the rebate center are done through the "track your rebate" page. I have a record of faxing the order number they requested.  I have emails of multiple communications with my verizon sales rep, Matthew [Removed] where I was asking for help with this issue.  He bumped this issue up twice to his supervisor Anthony [Removed] who sent me one email promising help but did not contact me again despite my attempts at contacting him.

This has been a laborious nightmare.  Verizon is the face of this deal and I'm not happy with all the hurdles I've had to jump over what I consider is an earned rebate.  The process has been fraught with roadblocks.  I'm not trying to beat anyone out of anything...I want the rebate that made my deal with Verizon attractive enough to leave ATT after 15 years of service with them.

How can I help you help me?

Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
chewy26
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am disgusted and angry witg Verizon Wireless who should be ashamed at their utter lack of customer service and constant lies. I have been fighting with them to receive my debit/ credit card covering the cost of my samsung s7. Im finally at my limit and have decided to file a complaint with the attorney General office and bbb. Im also going to switch to sprint, who will pay my termination fee. Ive been a loyal Verizon customer for over 10 years, and now i regret giving my time and money to such a disgraceful company. I cannot wait for a class action suit to be filed against these disgusting and malicious technology moguls.  I can't wait to see when you are rightfully persecuted by our justice system... or worse. Shame on you Verizon, for being technological scum.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is definitely not what we like to hear. How can we turn this around? KleoL_VZW

0 Likes