Anyone been scammed out of their BOGO for the Samsung 7 ?
GARDENCR
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been battling Verizon since March 24, 2016. Always one excuse after another- still no rebate.

Anyone else???

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Anyone been scammed out of their BOGO for the Samsung 7 ?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand that this is an urgent matter for you and it has definitely been a while since you purchased your phones FROGGY0069. Our peers in our Rebate Center are the only team who has access to all rebate submissions. You can give them a call at 1-844-408-8471 or with them by clicking on this link https://www.yourdigitalrebatecenter.com/contact/

YareliM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

I've submitted all my paperwork on 4/15/16.    Didn't have to battle anything. Verizon gave me a tracking number and I checked in every couple of weeks for status. Got an Email from Verizon on 6/1/16 saying my submission was approved and the Visa card would be mailed in two weeks. 

0 Likes
Jared2004
Contributor - Level 2

I submitted all my paperwork 3/21/16. Verizon received 4/15/16 (whole month later which is ridiculous). Website still shows invalid even though I submitted everything correctly. Got an email from Verizon 2-3 weeks ago saying they would escalate it & be resolved 7-10 business day...still nothing. This is the worst service I've ever had. Verizon has no answers for me. People are receiving their cards already. I feel that Verizon should pay one of my monthly bills or give me a gift card for all the hassle I've been through. And I don't want Verizon reps responding to this email asking me for my tracking number etc. because you guys don't resolve jack. Just don't waste your time.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

GARDENCR,

We want to make sure you get all the promotions you deserve. Let's look at the issue. Have you talked to the rebate center? Have you check you rebate status http://bit.ly/1pWwBbu online?

JenelleR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Tomski919
Enthusiast - Level 2

Total scam. My submission came back invalid. I have contacted the so called "rebate center" on five separate occasions.  I get absolutely no help.  Every time I contact the rebate center, I get this [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] about not knowing what is going on and that my submission must be escalated to "upper management", then told to wait 15 days.  But don't worry, they won't contact you; just keep checking until your rebate comes back invalid again, and start the process over.  This is a joke

The rebate rep I was speaking with said everything in my submission is perfect, but that they are just waiting to the "pending" status to be resolved.  What?  I asked for the exact reason my status comes up invalid, the rep tells me there is no reason, just that the "pending" status needs to be cleared.  Huh?

Very obviously an off-shore operation where nobody can be held accountable for anything.  Separate department of Verizon too, so you start talking rebate and nobody at Verizon customer service wants to talk about it, they just want to transfer you to the rebate department where you get to talk with somebody who's English skills leaving something to be desired.   

Never have I experienced such [removed] with a company as I have with Verizon and this rebate.  Terrible customer service, terrible problem resolution skills, terrible communication skills.  Oh, 15 year customer too, but Verizon could not care less.

Jared2004
Contributor - Level 2

I get the same responses. I did several online chats because I don't want to wait on the phone forever. All I keep getting is just wait a couple more days. I think I've waited long enough. When I originally submitted back in March I was told 8-10 weeks I'd have the card..........let alone get approved!!! I just don't understand how it's invalid when you submit everything exactly how they wanted it right when the promotion came out. Same situation as you...long standing customer that Verizon has no answers for and is treating us like [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] . Well after I get my rebate & have my phone for 6 months.....so long Verizon. As stated before, please don't respond to this Verizon reps. You didn't listen the last time so don't do it this time. You guys don't have any answers.

aslandholm
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the exact same problems. Had this rebate submitted since April, escalated multiple times. Everything looks perfect but keeps failing. The reps speak broken English and I have a hard time understanding them it seems they always are sorry. Last week a Verizon rep called them too and the rep said they would call me by 6/10 because they could also see nothing wrong and would keep checking for me. They have not called me back either. You can't even talk to the people they escalate this too. The reason for being invalid is some generic location code reason. I bought the phone from a Verizon rep over the phone. Upgraded 1 line, opened 1 line both phones on the EDGE. Submitted everything exactly as required. I'm really regretting taking part in the promotion. I would never have let my BIL have this phone if it wasn't for the BOGO. I'm also a long standing customer.

DUFFERDUDE
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm having the the same problems. Invalid 3 times, called and now it's escalated to upper management. Wait 15 days. its already been 3 months.

once I pay off the phones I'm gone too.

then on top of that they changed my corporate discount, dropped it by 5%.

the bogo s7 and the corporate discount are the only reasons I changed to VZ. what a joke this has turned out to be.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is definitely not what like to hear. Are you able to send us a Private Message regarding this concern? KleoL_VZW

GARDENCR
Enthusiast - Level 2

thank you for responding. I have been trying since March to get my rebate.. It went to 'invalid' and is now under review. I think the problem is that due to the BOGO Samsung promotion I added a new line (for the 'free' phone) and so there are now 2 phone numbers involved with the rebate. I can provide all documentation submitted for the rebate and the phone number if that is helpful.

Thank you - Cindy