Highlighted

Any way to prevent Android 4.1.2 update to 4.3 on Galaxy S3?

After spending countless hours researching this (and speaking with Verizon & Samsung reps),here's my dilemma:

After the automatic upgrade from 4.1.2 to Android 4.3, my "phone info app" no longer worked, which did not allow me to manually select "CDMA Only" on my SCH-I535 Galaxy S3. I need CDMA only due to one bar signal level of 4G/LTE in my area. The signal strength was fine when I selected CDMA Only.

Verizon sent me a new S3 with 4.1.2 installed, but when I booted up, it automatically downloaded 4.3, and all I can do is delay the install. I talked to a Samsung tech and told me the most you can delay is 7 times, then it automatically updates.

Does anyone have a proven procedure (root or no root) that would allow me to prevent 4.3 installation after downloading? Thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: Any way to prevent Android 4.1.2 update to 4.3 on Galaxy S3?

My Verizon Service doesn't allow turning off automatic OTA downloads (without rooting). The only option is to delay the install, get prompted, and delay again (max 7 times). If there is a way, I would love to know.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Leader

didn't you have a choice of whether or not to dl 4.3, i did? i'm not sure why yours did an auto dl.

0 Likes
Highlighted

My Verizon Service doesn't allow turning off automatic OTA downloads (without rooting). The only option is to delay the install, get prompted, and delay again (max 7 times). If there is a way, I would love to know.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Leader

mine probably doesn't either but i checked for the update, after seeing here that it was getting to some phones back in nov. it was there, just needed to start the process & it took 20 min to dl (i posted that info here) & another 16 min to reboot/install. it seems to me that i could've delayed in saying "ok" for the download to start, not the install part.

0 Likes