Any fixes for static, crackle, and popping noise in recorded videos with the Samsung S7?
BAB1011

I purchased a Samsung S7 last June and thought it worked fine until I took it on vacation and took pics and videos with it.  When we got back home and were viewing the videos, we noticed this annoying popping/static noise that was in the audio of the videos.  I then started doing test videos and noticed that it was very obvious especially when taking the first video.  Subsequent videos had less and sometimes no popping noises.  I tried using the camera in safemode...still issues. I did a factory reset...and still the noise is present.  The noises can be heard through the phone's speaker, earbuds, and by PC when playing the recordings.  I have noticed on other posts/youtube videos there seems to be issues with some S7's.  I was hoping that there would be a fix with the August updates but it didn't help.  I had an S5 before and an S7 from work that both had no issues with the static popping noises during video recording.  I feel as I have exhausted trying to fix this on my end but if there is something I am missing that I am open to any help.  Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Any fixes for static, crackle, and popping noise in recorded videos with the Samsung S7?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BAB1011,

The Samsung S7 is an awesome phone that captures great footage. We definitely want to make sure that all your videos are recorded with crystal clear audio. Does your phone have any physical or water damage? Click on the link to check for water damage and keep us posted.
https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-142121/

YareliM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes