Any fixes for inability to connect to some wifi networks (since latest software upgrade)
ewebber829
Enthusiast - Level 2

Recently I started having issues connecting to wifi at my office and at Planet Fitness.  Both are saved networks on my device but both require agreeing to terms each time you re-join the network.  Approximately since the last software upgrade I cannot join either - I end up at a Google error page.  I also have a work phone, iPhone 6 plus and have no issues at either location.  Does anyone have any suggestions for getting past this?

0 Likes
Re: Any fixes for inability to connect to some wifi networks (since latest software upgrade)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to connect to WiFi is definitely, especially to help manage your data. So I completely understand your concern ewebber829.

Is the issue only with those two saved WiFi connections? Have you tried deleting those WiFi connections http://vz.to/2bxQT9g?

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

Re: Any fixes for inability to connect to some wifi networks (since latest software upgrade)
ewebber829
Enthusiast - Level 2

Someone e-mailed to ensure I had tried "forgetting" these wifi networks and I have, multiple times.  Thanks and I am open to any further suggestions!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ewebber829-

I realize the importance of having your WIFI connections working when you need it the most. Does this issue only happen with both WIFI networks that requires you to accept terms and conditions? When you select "forget this network" under the WIFI name, are you then adding the same network name and sign in using the correct credentials? Please confirm if you get any error.

CarmenT_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

ewebber829
Enthusiast - Level 2

CarmenT_VZW and JohnB_VZW

Yes this appears to only be an issue when I try to sign in on networks requiring me to accept terms and conditions - it happened again yesterday at our doctors office.  When I attempt to join/rejoin the network I end up at a Google error page.

Yes, I have tried, multiple times to "forget" and re-add these networks.  I have also tried forgetting a network, then rebooting before I try to add it again.  Nothing is working though... my biggest concern is just the additional use of data when I can't access wifi.

Thanks in advance for any additional suggestions.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Our goal is to get the wifi connection working for you again ewebber829. Please try and turn off the wifi. Once the wifi is off power down the phone and remove the sim. After you reinsert the sim and power on the phone retest the wifi connections. Please keep us posted on how this works.

TionnaB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ewebber829
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi again,

I tried the latest suggestion (turn off wifi, power down phone, remove sim card and then reinsert sim, power on phone and try wifi again).  This still did not work.  I feel like this issues started with a recent system update (in early summer) to the Android 6.0 Marshmallow software.

This is the error I always get when trying to access a wifi network that requires you to accept terms each time you join:

picture of error message when trying to join wifi networks with terms.jpeg

Thanks for continued suggestions - I will try them all!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ewebber829, Wifi definitely comes in handy so it's important to make sure it's functioning properly. We will not give up on troubleshooting the wifi connection issues. Let's keep at this. Do you know of anyone else having this same issue at your place of work or at Planet fitness? If so, let us know if they have the same device or a different one. How many other wifi connections have you had success with connecting to?

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ewebber829
Enthusiast - Level 2

I received an e-mail asking:

ewebber829, Wifi definitely comes in handy so it's important to make sure it's functioning properly. We will not give up on troubleshooting the wifi connection issues. Let's keep at this. Do you know of anyone else having this same issue at your place of work or at Planet fitness? If so, let us know if they have the same device or a different one. How many other wifi connections have you had success with connecting to?

I have talked to others at work and I am the only one having this issue.

I have an iPhone through work in addition to my Samsung and I have  had not issues with that phone.

I only know of my office, Planet Fitness and recently my Dr. office that I am having trouble BUT I suspect I will continue to have difficulty logging in to any wifi networks that require me to accept terms.  I can ask the next time I am at the gym, but my daughters have both gone with me and I have taken my work phone on occassion as an alternative and there have been no issues except with my Samsung.

I do not have this issue at home or at locations that offer wifi w/out requiring users to check an agreement / agree to terms.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Did you factory reset before or after the software update? That's the final step when you have issues such as that. The software will remain updated, but it could very well help. I think of it like a computer, installing Windows on top of Windows without first wiping the computer. You could turn off back up app data and restore, but then you lose some app information, so you could first try it with it on.

0 Likes