Another "re-enter 10-digit number" problem
Bro931

Whenever I make a call from Ashe county, North Carolina, which is an "extended network" service area, I get a message to "re-enter the 10-digit number you are calling without hitting the call button".  After entering the number manually, the call goes through, but it is a real garbage having to look up numbers from my contact list or when returning a missed call.  Yes, I have Smart Family.  Why can't Verizon make this work properly?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Another "re-enter 10-digit number" problem
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you. Would it be possible to try disabling Smart Family while you're trying to make the call so we can see if the feature is the cause of the issue? We look forward to your update.

JesusG_VZW

View solution in original post

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Are the numbers saved in your Contacts list 7 or 10 digits?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Bro931

They are all 10 digits.  This happens whether I use contacts to make a call or just dial a missed call.  Talked to Customer Service and they have no alerts on this issue.  I guess I'm just the lucky first one.  No resolution so far.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand how inconvenient this whole situation can be. Rest assured we want to get to the bottom of this so that you can continue making your calls. What is the make and model of your device? Have you checked for any recent software updates? GeorginaG_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's take a look at this situation. Do you have voice and data roaming turned on? Also, in your contacts do you have the area code along with the number? DoloresK_VZW

0 Likes
Bro931

Sorry for the delayed response.  I have both voice and data roaming turned on and my Samsung Galaxy S6 says it has the latest update.

I'll check this out again next weekend when I'm up in Ashe county.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you. Would it be possible to try disabling Smart Family while you're trying to make the call so we can see if the feature is the cause of the issue? We look forward to your update.

JesusG_VZW

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@Bro931 wrote:

...  Why can't Verizon make this work properly?

Considering the Samsung phone software is from Samsung (made for Verizon), maybe Samsung should share some blame?  Could be when the software was tested, the unique scenario you're encountering wasn't a test case.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Bro931

Yes, as has been the case for many others with this problem, disabling Smart Family corrected the problem.  I removed Smart Family from my account and removed the app from my phone and I no longer have trouble calling from the extended network in Ashe county NC.

0 Likes